1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

suit shopping...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by y150, Jun 24, 2005.

1. y150

y150 Member

Hey guys,

I'm a rising sophomore in college and have decide that it is time to get a proper suit for interviews and social functions.

I've read through a lot of the forum archive so I've become more familiar with the terminology and designers. The only problem is that this is my first suit so I'm still fairly uninformed.

My question is: What designer/brands should I be looking for if I'm looking for a more modern, slender and classy suit. I'm just under 6'4" and weigh 165ish. I'm a 39L/40L (according to different salespeople.) Of the suits that I recently tried on, I particulary liked a Prada (40L) and an Isaia (39L). I'm not sure about the Prada, but I know that the Isaia was a Neopolitan cut and I really like it, especially the softer shoulders and supressed waist.

Also, I'm not willing to spend 2000 for a suit yet, so the Isaia is definitely out of the picture. The Prada, which I liked, was marked down significantly to 750, a price that is enticing -- I'm actually thinking about getting it. What other brands should I be looking at if I want a good but not super expensive suit (I'm in college and on a budget). Of course, if I could snatch a very expensive one for a great deal ~750 or less, I'd be more than happy to. Any advise? Also, I'm in the SF Bay Area right now and plan on going into the city to look around more, if that helps.

Thanks,
    Roman

2. dah328

dah328 Senior member

A couple threads down on the main page you'll find one talking about Isaia suits available at Sierra Trading Post for less than the Prada suit you mentioned. If you don't see that thread, here a direct link: http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....t=11895

3. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Prada suiting from the 2004 line and more recently is fully canvassed.

Very generally: the standard Prada fabric is going to be more delicate than Isaia's.

Dan (dah328) just handed you a pot of gold check out Sierra Trading Post for a good deal on Isaia. There is no going wrong with those suits. I have one and a sportcoat as well and both have served me well.