Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suit, Shirt, Tie and Shoe Combo

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crazydiamond, Jun 7, 2012.

1. crazydiamond

crazydiamond Member

Hi,

Just bought this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=330741509983. For a wedding and i can't decide on what to style it with?

I was thinking an Eton or similar white french cuffed shirt and maybe a paisley tie??

But mainly I have no idea what shoes to go for. I was thinking a Loake 290 or the Mitchum (they look the same no idea the difference? In Black?

Or maybe some oxblood monk straps or oxfords?

I'm 26 btw, so don't want to look like a pensioner but at the same time i'm not concerned about fashion/trendy rather go with decent quality.

Thanks.

2. crazydiamond

crazydiamond Member

3. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

The link is not working for me personally, so that maybe be part of it.

I have no idea what the suit looks like, but as a general rule, a white shirt goes with any suit. French cuffs are fine and would add a bit of "dash" to the ensemble. The standard shoe color for weddings is black, as per tradition, but I doubt anyone would fault you for burgundy. The boots would not be my first choice (unless the weather is poor), but I am sure they will be fine. Black oxford would be my first choice for wedding attire. As for the tie, with a white shirt and black shoes, you can almost wear any tie you want.

4. crazydiamond

crazydiamond Member

Hi,

Thanks for your response....

Here is a picture

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Would it be pointless to match the green lining with a green paisley or other pattened tie??

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Ok, so it looks like a medium gray suit from my screen. I have never heard of matching suit lining to another article, but I can't say I see anything particularly wrong with it (Just don't expect anyone to notice). Regardless of lining color, a white shirt, grey suit, black shoes, and a green paisley tie is fine.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012