• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suit measuring question

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First question, I can't find the post about how to measure a suit if someone could help me i would appreciate it

Second, i don't know if this is in the measuring post but how do you determine how many inches are there to be let out?

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Second, i don't know if this is in the measuring post but how do you determine how many inches are there to be let out?
You can't without cutting it open.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do all the posters on ebay and such know these measurements? In the pants i can feel about an inch of fabric on each side were my tailor took in the pants would this mean there is two inches to be let out or a little less?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First question, I can't find the post about how to measure a suit if someone could help me i would appreciate it Second, i don't know if this is in the measuring post but how do you determine how many inches are there to be let out?
Its in the HOF thread at the top of the page... http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin/ik...=ST;f=1;t=1463 JJF

stache

Reaction score
Sometimes you can feel the edge of the fabric through the lining. Then you can guesstimate the seam allowance.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.