• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit Jacket w/ Jeans

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This jacket that AlanC is selling would be perfect with jeans.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by broady
it's part of house's look, though.

Everyone else around him is in suits, whereas (assumedly due to his condition), he is unable to be constricted by suit pants, so he opts for jeans and sneakers! (often runners)

I think it has very little to do with his condition and more to do with his general rebellious attitude. Tell House to treat a patient one way, he treats them another. Tell House to wear a lab coat, he ignores you. I'm sure the same is concerned when asked to dress professionally; he dresses how he wants to dress.

I also think House's wardrobe works for him. Many here agree on the topic that wearing suit jackets with jeans looks like you're trying to hard; I disagree. If it works for you, it works for you. 99.9% of people don't give a damn if you wear a suit jacket or a sport coat with jeans. Arguably, wearing anything beyond your regular parka or zippered hoodie or jacket is going to show you have some style and give more than 2 cents about your appearance.

And a side-note for House fans: SEASON PREMIERE TONIGHT ON FOX AT 8PM

JCM

Reaction score
Reviving this thread...

How well would a coat like this work with dark jeans - or are there better alternatives:

105081474_o.jpg

105081456_o.jpg

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why not? I do it all the time:

07008.jpg

How about white jeans?

blueandwhite.jpg

DirtyHarry

Reaction score
What I don't understand even more is people on here insisting to tuck in shirts with jeans, if you want to look 50 then maybe, otherwise just no.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me help you with that.

Originally Posted by DirtyHarry
What I don't understand even more is people on here insisting to not to tuck in shirts with jeans, if you want to look 5 then maybe, otherwise just no.

It's as basic as wiping your nose.

DirtyHarry

Reaction score
It can be as basic as it wants but it'll always look crap on most people.

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
It all depends on the blazer right?

If the blazer is pretty formal looking, it doesn't mesh well w/jeans
no matter how nice they are.

But some blazers can play that dual role.

I'm wearing a blazer, button shirt, jeans, and loafers today. It's a nice
casual look

Mustapha

Reaction score
maomao's top pic looks good.

I think you have to be slim to carry off this jeans and odd jacket look well. The overall grooming has to be good too.

UTVol085

Reaction score
It all depends on the fit of the jacket and the person wearing it. I just wore a really nice grey jacket from my three piece with a v-neck over a dress shirt and my lucchese cowboy boots. If they were ugly boots, the jacket didn't fit, the jeans were baggy, or I wasn't the right look (some people just don't look good in certain things) then it would be bad.

And untucking a dress shirt looks better than tucking it into anything just because you think it can't be untucked. Again, it goes back to the fit. Not some yes or no rule. I can't stand seeing someone tuck a dress shirt into a pair of jeans, regardless of how well the fit is. Unless you wear a sweater over it.

GeorgePaul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UTVol085
And untucking a dress shirt looks better than tucking it into anything just because you think it can't be untucked.
Huh?
confused.gif

akaidiot

Reaction score
I think it looks a bit goofy with a longer jacket, like the first of the two pictures above. And the stripe on the jacket just makes it looks like it's missing the pants. The second jacket looks a little shorter and appears solid, and I think it looks good, (especially with the white jeans).

So, like other people said - more modern/less classic solid jacket and this looks fine.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
It is an awful mixing of casual and formal that makes the wearer look indecisive. It is the mullet of clothing choices: business up top, party down below.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads