• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit ID from this week's Entourage

Kohan

Reaction score
Hello All, revamped JoelMichael here.

Can anyone please ID the ensemble Ari Gold wears in this week's episode of Entourage?

Gracias,

Kohan.

MrFab

Reaction score
Not sure of the brand...maybe check show's web site. It looked like a pretty standard two-bitton navy, though. Really liked the spread collar with it. Anyone notice that he wears a solid black tie a lot?

mikej77

Reaction score
Jeremy Piven wore a very nice suit during last weeks awards show that he said was Domenico Vacca.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think his suits are usually custom, though who can say who makes them. I doubt they cost as much as his character on the show claims they do.

What he needs is some shirts that can accommodate the huge, ugly ties he wears.

Kohan

Reaction score
Then again, in fitting with Ari's character he very well could be wearing cheaper suits but lying about the make... flash-back to that fake painting he gave Vince, or changing the digits on the wife's Merc to make her think it was a nicer model.... That one was priceless.

And can we agree that that was one of the best Ari detonations to date?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
I think his suits are usually custom, though who can say who makes them. I doubt they cost as much as his character on the show claims they do. What he needs is some shirts that can accommodate the huge, ugly ties he wears.
There was an article in Variety last week about his suits. Nearly all of his suits are Prada, Gucci, and Dolce & Gabbana. Amy Westcott is his costume designer. If you can find the Friday, Sept 19th issue check it out, page A7.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kohan
Then again, in fitting with Ari's character he very well could be wearing cheaper suits but lying about the make... flash-back to that fake painting he gave Vince, or changing the digits on the wife's Merc to make her think it was a nicer model.... That one was priceless.

And can we agree that that was one of the best Ari detonations to date?

Ari's not cheap when it comes to his own stuff. He just knows how to stretch a dollar
wink.gif

I agree that ***** slap he gave the other agent was priceless..."that's what we call a ***** slap. a ***** slap for a *****" He TOTALLY emasculated him in front of his office.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Ari's not cheap when it comes to his own stuff. He just knows how to stretch a dollar
wink.gif

I agree that ***** slap he gave the other agent was priceless..."that's what we call a ***** slap. a ***** slap for a *****" He TOTALLY emasculated him in front of his office.

That had to be one of the best scenes I have ever seen!!!

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Definitely the best episode in a long time... especially with the last season dragging a bit.
Ari's suits always look fantastic. Another character who dresses great - Barney on How I Met Your Mother.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ari's dress look reminds me of a Brit footballer, skin tight with a huge knot.
plain.gif

Kohan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Ari's suits always look fantastic.

Normally I'd agree, but every now and then he looks like a satire of what contemporary style is meant to be. Take the second episode of this season (sitting in the screening, has Lloyd kill the projector, etc), where his tie knot is roughly the size of a Big Mac. It looked like it was about to jump off his chest and demand representation.

It makes me wonder, why would the costume director/anyone with taste allow that on-screen? It's not like they film these episodes in a vacuum, Entourage is one of HBO's biggest hits. So why the discrepancy between one episode's razor-sharp ensemble and another's clown suit?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think his suits always look good, but agree the tie knot is sometimes a bit large

Kohan

Reaction score
Still, "altered to perfection" is kind of a waste when one's attention is diverted by a ridiculous knot. That's the only point I was making.

And E's style has made some great improvements over the seasons, now he actually dresses like an adult! Oh, and I would gladly jump him for his Aston. The Maserati was beautiful too... Okay, officially off-topic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads