1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suit held up in customs?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dufferin1, Jun 27, 2012.

1. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Hi everyone. Totally random question but have any of you ever had a suit held up in customs? I have a suit coming from Portgual that has been stuck in customs for a couple day and hopefully that won't turn into weeks. My Saphir shoe polish went through without a problem though...

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

Which country's customs service has upset you - it does help if you tell.

3. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

My apologies, the suit is coming from Portugal to Canada.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It happens sometimes; I wouldn't worry too much about it. But you might get hit with excise/duties.

5. Ivon

Ivon Senior member

Like I posted in a similar thread, YMMV with each parcel. My latest purchase. EGs from jerrybrowne arrived this morning (shipped Monday) no duties. If Cabnada Customs has it you will get it soon, crapshoot on duties though.

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Unless you go down there to investigate and see a well dressed customs agent wearing your suit. Then, I would begin worrying that you might not receive your suit.

7. GBR

GBR Senior member

I must defer to others, I only have experience with UK customs - and have never experienced problems althought HMRC does from time to time levy appropriate imposts upon packages.

8. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Thanks guys. Still hasn't cleared but thats fine. Ironically my other package from STF has been updated since the 23rd when it left the USA....