1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suit for Law Office Interviews

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wsblend, Jan 5, 2010.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Thanks, all, for the replies. I read every post- good food for thought. I'm looking at the BB and JAB suits as well to see if I can find something without a pattern. The 38L is elusive, though. 40L's are more universally available but should I stay away from a 40L if the 38L is my genuine size?

Probably so, yes. Sizing's not uniform, so it can't hurt to try on some 40Ls. But I'd avoid suits where they shoulders are too wide or it seems like the chest will need to be taken in substantially.

2. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

I think your idea of fit is SF-skewed. The jacket cuts him in half visually and is just past his behind. The pants are not Eurotrash tight, thank God, but fit quite passably. The shoulders are built up, but not over-large.

Perhaps I was a little harsh, but it still looks a size too big on him, or is cut for a much bigger man.

3. insideman

insideman Senior member

4. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

^ Not really law firm appropriate, IMO. At least, not for an interview.

5. samcajou

samcajou Active Member

Wearing formal suit is definitely advisable if you're talking about law interviews. Your choice right there looks acceptable to me. It does not really matter if what you wear is cheap as long as you can carry yourself wearing that type of clothing.