Suit fitment feedback. Worried about shoulders

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by simonhch, Oct 24, 2013.

1. simonhch

simonhch Member

Just got this suit from suit supply. Love the material, love the fitment in general. Pants feels perfect. Lapels seem to lay nicely flat. All these pictures are obviously pre-tailoring. I was going to have the sides taken in a little, as well as the bottom of the back back. Pants to be hemmed obviously, and sleeves adjusted 1/8. If it isn't obvious, this is a casual suit and I want it close fitting.

My concern is the shoulders. This is the Sienna suit and has little padding, but my delts are protruding from the sides a little and I am worried about the way the shoulders look square on. Is it too narrow? Is this the way all Sienna's will be, or do I go up a size? I have always worn 40R or L, as this is too, however I have a very v-shaped physique and my shoulders seem to do this on most suits.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. joonian

joonian Senior member

Go one size up and get it nipped in the waist. Too tight in delts and lats right now.

3. simonhch

simonhch Member

Thanks. Is going up a size going to kill the pant fitment? Because I assume the 42 comes with a larger pants.

4. joonian

joonian Senior member

Many labels offer suits with different trouser sizes. this is referred to as the 'drop'. not sure about ss but id be surprised if they didnt.

5. simonhch

simonhch Member

Thank you. Much obliged. Going back into the store next week. I'll post updated pictures when I have them.

6. topos

topos Senior member

it's hard to tell from the pic, but the pocket flare makes me think they are a little tight in the hips. you can easily have the waist taken in. so bigger pants may be better.

7. joonian

joonian Senior member

+1 yeah... might be slightly tight there.