Suit Fit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DC ONE, Apr 29, 2013.

1. DC ONE

DC ONE New Member

Hi-

Newbie to site. Wanted to get some feedback/input on guy's findings on the best suit fit.

Little profile on myself. I'm 5'9" 170 lbs. Fairly broad shoulders for my size. Waist 30 but have bigger thighs. I like my suit pants a little more full than tapered. Drives me crazy when they don't fall/fit over shoes. Almost a relaxed fit if we were talking about denim...

Was trying to get some suggestions on favorite designers of suits that have the fit I am describing. I have had some decent luck with Armani Collezioni and Zegna.

Anymore suggestions on designers?

Any help would be much appreciated

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

The post sorely lacks jacket size and upper body measurements. Location also would help.

3. DC ONE

DC ONE New Member

Thanks for the response.

Jacket size is normally at 39" Coat that gets taken in 1 1/4" at the waist. Coat length 31". Sleeve outseam is 231/4". Inseam is 17".
    My tailor usually tries me out in a 40 jacket.

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

There is no such thing as a standard fit which can be written down as you would wish. You need to go to some shops and try to establish what brands/styles meet your requirements. It is not a desk top/computer exercise.

5. DC ONE

DC ONE New Member

Was merely seeing if any particular designers were notorious for having suit pants that were more Relaxed.