• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suit fit question

Activefoxox

Reaction score
Not sure where to ask this question. How do the shoulders look on this suit?

paxonus

Reaction score
That is a very poor fit for a Brooks Brothers. Try going up a size to see if there is any improvement.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a sleeve pitch issue. What I see is that you have a forward shoulder pushing on the front of the armhole. The sleeve head may also be a little too small for your upper arm.

Activefoxox

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a sleeve pitch issue. What I see is that you have a forward shoulder pushing on the front of the armhole. The sleeve head may also be a little too small for your upper arm.
That definitely sounds like what’s going on. How would I address that? The 40 felt a little boxy in the shoulders. Could a tailor do anything to remedy that issue?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t think this is something that can be easily fixed (if at all) after the jacket has been made. I’d suggest that you try other makers. You may also consider exercises to improve your posture though this won’t happen overnight.

Activefoxox

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t think this is something that can be easily fixed (if at all) after the jacket has been made. I’d suggest that you try other makers. You may also consider exercises to improve your posture though this won’t happen overnight.
My posture is pretty good, at least I think. I don’t slouch forward or backwards to any noticeable extent and no chiropractor I’ve ever been to has mentioned anything about it. I’m going to try some different brands and see if they fit me better. Either way I’ll look up some posture exercises and incorporate them into my daily routine. Even if it isn’t an issue it never hurts to be more limber.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.