• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suit fit help/opinions 2

Philip1996

Reaction score
Dear all, I have just bought a new suit (again) and would once again appreciate your opinions on fit. (Trousers are unfinished) Thank you.

Attachments

altavista

Reaction score
Before I comment any further, any chance you have scoliosis?

altavista

Reaction score
Why do you ask?
Because it looks like (no offence!) your pelvis is rotated backwards on the 2nd and 5th photos. Also, note the bulge around the lowest jacket button on the 1st photo.

The reason I wanted to clarify is because it might be just a matter of slouchy posture or a restrictive jacket which we can control just fine.

However, if you indeed have scoliosis or other type of abnormal spine curvature, then you might want a tailor to work on MTM jacket.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

bicycleradical

Reaction score
This definitely looks better than the first set of photos you posted. With the trousers being hemmed, it looks like you have a winner.

suitedcboy

Reaction score
I think it looks great. The coat needs a little pressing to get rid of the crease on the right front lower. Standing in a suit for a photo for fit is far from easy. Most are hard-wired to get rigid and stand in a posture we likely never have. Put on a comedy channel and do the photos. Most will relax and posture will become normal after a laugh.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ida fan