• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit Critique: Wall-Street-2-Money-Never-Sleeps-shia-labeouf

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any comments? Seems like a solid outfit. Almost no pant break. (I am really starting to prefer this) Pants seem a nice slim fit. Are the sleeves too full?
On-Set-of-Wall-Street-2-Money-Never-Sleeps-shia-labeouf-8240922-1063-1599.jpg

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to ID that tie yet?

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
It's an Eric Glennie

... I thought it was Hermes. o_o

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
It's an Eric Glennie

To go with that weird hat.

bjornb17

Reaction score
I like it. I like his tie knot, that's how i usually tie mine.

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ideefixee
... I thought it was Hermes. o_o

It is Hermes. It is an ombre grey tone, multi - color diagonal knit tie, reversible.

pitboss12

Reaction score
There was an article in this past Sunday's L.A. Times about the clothing in the movie. The costume designer said the shirts were made by ANTO in Beverly Hills. The costume designer said she designed the suits and they were made by Leonard Logsdail, a British master tailor, in NYC. However, when you go to the Hickey Freeman website, they show stills of Douglas and La Bouef on the front page. Not sure if Hickey handled part of the wardrobe.

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pitboss12
There was an article in this past Sunday's L.A. Times about the clothing in the movie. The costume designer said the shirts were made by ANTO in Beverly Hills. The costume designer said she designed the suits and they were made by Leonard Logsdail, a British master tailor, in NYC. However, when you go to the Hickey Freeman website, they show stills of Douglas and La Bouef on the front page. Not sure if Hickey handled part of the wardrobe.
Hope Hickey doesnt take credit for that suit. Shia pulls it off. In all honesty the sleeves are badly tailored. Maybe they didnt fit him per se and only took his measurements.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever brand it is, the tie doesn't seem to be available yet as I have had no luck finding it anywhere online.

RAM1988

Reaction score
yeah tie is hermes. and it isn't available because only one was made.. facebooked the costume designer and she said so... nice lady by the way

Matt S

Reaction score
It all looks okay until you get to the shoes. Those shoes look much too casual for a suit.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt S
It all looks okay until you get to the shoes. Those shoes look much too casual for a suit.
SF would agree. However, I've seen the bit loafer worn tons with suits on Wall Street. So, contextually, it may be appropriate.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit pattern is sweet, but it isn't a very well tailored suit, and the shoes are hideous IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics