• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit Critique Thread

slappy

Reaction score
Hello, I've never posted one of these but I've commented on a few so I feel like I've earned the right. This is a relatively new suit, how does it fit would you guys say? The pics aren't the greatest as they were taken by a friend before a mock trial deal.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A) Unsure of the suit
B) Sure your camera sux!

slappy

Reaction score
Yea fair enough, I wasn't sure if these would be critiquable.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, the suit looks good. But it is hard to say because the pictures do suck. Hard. Your tie knot also needs work.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your tie knot is so bad, that even with the bad photography it is apparent!
biggrin.gif
Get us a better picture so we can help you out!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been to jury duty selection in a chamber like that!

And yeah, terrible knot

slappy

Reaction score
Yea I guess this thread is a failure, I'll get better pictures pretty soon and post them. As for the tie knot...I'm aware of the look of the tie knot isn't for everyone. I happen to like that style though I wouldn't wear it for a firm interview. As this was mock trial I took some liberties with the tie and shoes. Brown Edward Green shoes with an Etro cashmere tie (brown but with pink,blue, green colored threads in it also).

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like that tie knot, you might as well just fold the tie three times and staple it to the shirt.

The suit looks good, though.

matstyleku

Reaction score
Don't forget to put your weight on your right foot and give a nice lean....

j/k: neutral stance!

chevron

Reaction score
Two things jump out as especially bad:
1. Neckbeard needs to go
2. Shirt Collar doesn't fit, looks at least 2 inches too big, makes your tie knot look bad

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Hello, I've never posted one of these but I've commented on a few so I feel like I've earned the right. This is a relatively new suit, how does it fit would you guys say? The pics aren't the greatest as they were taken by a friend before a mock trial deal.

If you have paid such attention to previous such threads why are the photographs utterly unsuitable to meet your request?

slappy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
If you have paid such attention to previous such threads why are the photographs utterly unsuitable to meet your request?

Probably because you touch yourself at night

slappy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chevron
Two things jump out as especially bad:
1. Neckbeard needs to go
2. Shirt Collar doesn't fit, looks at least 2 inches too big, makes your tie knot look bad

The neckbeard is definitely not going but the shirt collar comment is actually fairly brilliant

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
tough to see anything. my personal taste tells me your button stance is a litte high and the body is a tad short but within range.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
tough to see anything. my personal taste tells me your button stance is a litte high and the body is a tad short but within range.
This is what I notice as well. Especially the button stance. Part of it is your pose, but you don't want shirt showing at your waist. And yes, your knot sucks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads