• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit came in the mail today, fit critique...

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is okay as of right now IMO. Has yet to be altered in any way. From the looks of it (besides the alterations that need to be done to the pants) I would say the main concern is the upper sleeve/back shoulder area. it felt and looked like the upperback area needed to be brought in a bit and the upper sleeves felt a bit tight.

when it arrived in the mail and I tried it on I had thoughts that it may have already been altered a bit... the shoulders felt much different then my other RLBL suits as far as the padding on the outer shoulder being almost curled, the sleeves were much shorter than my other unaltered BL suits, the pants actually fit in the seat okay but not in the thighs?, and the chest pocket stitching was already out.... any ways thoughts on it?

ps disregard the beautiful shoes... and give pics a second to load....

princemarko

Reaction score
Looks good. Maybe the sleeves lengthened a little? Not mandatory though.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by princemarko
Looks good. Maybe the sleeves lengthened a little? Not mandatory though.
I object. I think his sleeves are totally fine but from the looks of it, take in the waist just a smidge. Everything else looks tip top.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks pretty good overall but you are right, something funky is going on in the upper back area.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would take the center back seam in 3/8" double at the neck and shorten the collar. The upper body will feel and fit better, then look at what else is needed. Shoulder is wide and the taking in will help that some. You are a bit low on the left shoulder.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gotta run out the door, so real quick: fix the collar!!!

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the jacket is too big in a shoulders.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
It looks like the jacket is too big in a shoulders.

It really isnt tho, that is where the weird padding comes into play, if you see where the shoulder meets the sleeve, there is kinda like a bubble shape (it is more evident in the first pic on my right shoulder area). That is where it feels like the padding has been rolled and it isnt just on the shoulder but also extends into/on the upper sleeve a bit. The shoulder where the sleeve meets the shoulder seem is perfect, it is the padding that is off and I am not sure what to do about it.... like I said above none of my other BL suits have ever had this issue, I got another coming in the mail today so I will see if it is the same, maybe this one is defective ur something..

Also you can clearly see what I am saying from the back pic, look at the right shoulder in the back picture, there is like an overlap of padding...

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
It really isnt tho, that is where the weird padding comes into play, if you see where the shoulder meets the sleeve, there is kinda like a bubble shape (it is more evident in the first pic on my right shoulder area). That is where it feels like the padding has been rolled and it isnt just on the shoulder but also extends into/on the upper sleeve a bit. The shoulder where the sleeve meets the shoulder seem is perfect, it is the padding that is off and I am not sure what to do about it.... like I said above none of my other BL suits have ever had this issue, I got another coming in the mail today so I will see if it is the same, maybe this one is defective ur something..

Also you can clearly see what I am saying from the back pic, look at the right shoulder in the back picture, there is like an overlap of padding...

Wrong

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The padding you refer to is called the sleevehead and it is just the way it should be. The shoulder is too extended and the sleeve cap is too narrow and or too long to fit into the armhole and your problem is as much about RTW construction methods as anything else which makes the problem innate. It can all be improved but I would start with what I first mentioned. If the fit is too far from your other jackets by RL, send it back and try another model. Not worth removing the sleeves for what you paid.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the shoulders do look a little off - too extended it appears. but then again, this is just from one front and one back pic. I have no idea how it feels on you.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
huh?

Listen to Despos. He is a professional bespoke tailor. He knows what he is talking about. You came on here looking for advice; he is one of the most qualified SF members to tell you what is wrong with the fit.

Not trying to be snarky here... just letting you know who Despos is in case you are weighing his opinion, in its relative anonymity, equally with some of the other (wrong) advice in this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads