1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suit Alteration Question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by leesed4509, Jan 16, 2016.

1. leesed4509

leesed4509 New Member

I have a suit where there is a little excess fabric right under my armpit. This causes a slight bunching in armpit area with my arms down, and makes the chest of my suit look slightly puffed out on the sides. Also I think it causes a minor wrinkling in the back. Is it possible to get the suit altered so that there would be no excess fabric? Or would it be a difficult procedure not worth the risk? Everything else looks great and I'm wondering if I'm being a little too nit-picky. Thanks

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Try asking here http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions and tagging a couple of the tailors.