• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suggestions

kiko

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi all.

I've been wearing chucks pretty much exclusively for close to a year now, and I think it's about time (severe understatement
) I mixed it up abit.
Problem is, I've grown to like the slim profile of chucks, and the way they look with slim jeans, so I don't think I can wear anything significantly larger/wider.
Could anyone suggest anything suitable?

I've been wearing my Nudie SJs for about 2 weeks now, and one thing I've noticed when I wash my face at night, is that the paper towels are fairly blue.
I guess I rest my hands on my legs and I touch my face alot, but I wouldn't say excessively or anything.
Anyone else notice this? Is it normal?

It's autumn (fall?) in Australia now, and winter will be here soon.
I'm looking to stock up on hoodies, is there any brands I should look for in particular?
I tried on a fairly decent Lonsdale black (w/white details) hoodie yesterday, it was $AU100. I resisted purchasing it though, because of the connotations associated with the brand. At least here in Australia.
 

StevenRocks

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
617
Reaction score
0
Old-school adidas shoes and most Pumas will give you the sleekness you desire.
 

dusty

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
4,859
Reaction score
20
Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66, of course.
 

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by kiko
It's autumn (fall?) in Australia now, and winter will be here soon.
I'm looking to stock up on hoodies, is there any brands I should look for in particular?
I tried on a fairly decent Lonsdale black (w/white details) hoodie yesterday, it was $AU100. I resisted purchasing it though, because of the connotations associated with the brand. At least here in Australia.

I bought some G-Star hoodies recently which I think are excellent, really sturdy and insulating, but they were more than $100.

How about plain ol' Bonds hoodies? They've got some good colours, nice cut (slim, arms longer than body), warm... in fact, I'm going to look for my size tomorrow...
 

phaedrus

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by kiko
Hi all.


It's autumn (fall?) in Australia now, and winter will be here soon.
I'm looking to stock up on hoodies, is there any brands I should look for in particular?
.


Other possibilities are carhaart, even industrie if you can find something really simple from them. Try skate shops as well.
 

-AC-

Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Nick M
I bought some G-Star hoodies recently which I think are excellent, really sturdy and insulating, but they were more than $100.

How about plain ol' Bonds hoodies? They've got some good colours, nice cut (slim, arms longer than body), warm... in fact, I'm going to look for my size tomorrow...

hey nick, do they sell bonds hoodies? they don't hav it on the website...which store would they hav it in if they do? thanks
 

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by -AC-
hey nick, do they sell bonds hoodies? they don't hav it on the website...which store would they hav it in if they do? thanks
Last time I checked, they were sold in a discount place called TSL - there's one on Smith St in Fitzroy, one on Whitehorse Rd in Box Hill, and one on Chapel.

https://www.tslwebsite.com/
 

-AC-

Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
awesome thanks man, i went to the smith st one a couple months back over summer but they didn't hav any but from the website it looks like they hav it in stock now but only in blue. i'll check it out anwyyas
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,360
Messages
9,444,999
Members
197,899
Latest member
Swartzfager
Top