• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggestions for Valentine's Day photo for girlfriend

jungleline

Reaction score
So we all know Valentine's Day is about a month away.

My girlfriend has stated that she thinks it's sweet when a guy or girl in a couple has a photo taken of him or herself for their partner. I'd like to do something special for her. A friend of mine is a photographer and is willing to help me.

So my girlfriend, believe it or not, is actually a huge slapstick fan. Not Will Ferrel kind of stuff, more like Lucy and the Three Stooges. I was thinking of taking some conventionally "nice" photos, but thought it'd be more creative to do some sort of slapstick-oriented photo series. She'd adore it.

So my question is ... any ideas for what to do?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
take a picture of you slapping her mom with *********. would be hilarious.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say take a picture of ********* in her mailbox, then put the pictures in her mailbox. Seems to be a popular take... at least according to the casual encounter's section of craig's list.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07

My thoughts exactly.

Or you could just give her ********* in a box.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07

Unreal. I don't know why I found that so funny.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys ruining this guy's thread for no good reason? He didn't do anything to deserve it. It seems spiteful.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who called the cops?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think that's pretty sweet of your gf too, and I can't help think the reason your gf wants this is she thinks this relationship of yours is worth remembering the rest of your lives. That being said, when I think couple pics, I can't help seeing portraits like these in my head.
mulletcoupledm2.jpg
picture231zg6.jpg
b5e3jj2.jpg

huy

Reaction score
Why don't you take pictures with her too? I'm sure she would want to participate and give ideas.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, enough thread ******** for me. Ill be real with you, last White Day (March 14th, day girls get gifts, Valentines is for guys here) I gave my sweetie (among other things) a photo collage of us. Some of the pictures were just us by ourselves but toards ther center there were couple pics.

Maybe you could do something like this. Its easy and if you have plenty of pics together or ones you took of her, toss them in with the photos your buddy will take of you.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's what we do. no hate.

Originally Posted by bluemagic
Why are you guys ruining this guy's thread for no good reason? He didn't do anything to deserve it. It seems spiteful.

Reaction score
I had a similar idea for a Valentines day gift to my girlfriend. I was going to schedule a photo shoot for her and use the best pictures to make a calender and a big poster of herself

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Ok, enough thread ******** for me. Ill be real with you, last White Day (March 14th, day girls get gifts, Valentines is for guys here) I gave my sweetie (among other things) a photo collage of us. Some of the pictures were just us by ourselves but toards ther center there were couple pics.

Maybe you could do something like this. Its easy and if you have plenty of pics together or ones you took of her, toss them in with the photos your buddy will take of you.

This is probably pretty good. For our anniversary last year, I gave Lish a photo album that was full of pictures of all our firsts (time meeting, date, first anniversary, first christmas, first trip together, etc) with a bunch of other pics of us just randomly around it. She absolutely loved it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads