1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for suit alteration? Help!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by EverAfter, Jan 28, 2013.

1. EverAfter

EverAfter New Member

Someone special bought this suit as a gift for me based on the sizes of my other suits (although I usually wear a slim cut, and this is a more normal cut). I love the fabric; it's a pretty nice fit in the shoulders, too, I think. However, the pants feel baggy and are gathering at the ankles, and the jacket arms might be a bit long. It just feels a bit baggy everywhere.

The thing is that I want to keep it; I can't really return it considering the gesture. However, I only want to keep it if I can have it altered. With this in mind, do you think this can be easily altered? Is it worth having done at all?

So I need suggestions: Alter it? What do I tell the tailor? Again, I typically like a slim fit.

I really appreciate this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EverAfter

EverAfter New Member

Also, my apologies. I'm new here, and I did not see there was a separate thread for this.

So sorry!!!

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Well, it's still only posted to this thread, so clearly there hasn't been feedback.

The jacket probably is a size too big. That is most noticeable in the shoulders (the dents and wrinkles), which would be hardest to fix. There probably is extra material at the mid-section, which is a standard alteration. Sleeves and pants legs easily could be shorterned. Leg narrowing is doable, but not cheap.

Re-selling the suit is always possible, if the brand has a good reputation.

4. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

Everything looks too big man. Can you return it?

5. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

You look like a kid playing dress-up in his father's clothing. The picture quality is pretty poor, but it at least looks to fit you in the shoulders. Theoretically, everything that you need done: suppression, tapering, hemming, is possible, it will just be fairly expensive.