• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggestions for high quality office clothes for women?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for my Frederick’s of Hollywood answer.

refinery

Reaction score
I'm only a few years late, but Cavour has women's clothing that might be right up your alley.

MikeHaggarSSBM

Reaction score
You mentioned a suit that was made for you that has become too tight: in all likelyhood it has excess fabric inside to be able to be let out. It is very standard (although probably not as much for womens suits, although I think a custom one will have it). Take it to a tailor!
And be mindful off what a tailor can do if the fit is off. Size up in pants that are too tight in the hips and have a tailor take the seat in. You could even have flair & widelegged trousers tapered if you find a pair that you love quality-wise.

eremita

Reaction score
I'm only a few years late, but Cavour has women's clothing that might be right up your alley.

Looks pretty good, thanks for recommending - and the sale prices are pretty great, would help to set off the tailoring costs. I know Agnona is decent quality, which they carry. The footwear probably not so much if you want to get anything done, with the exception maybe of Tod’s.

eremita

Reaction score
You mentioned a suit that was made for you that has become too tight: in all likelyhood it has excess fabric inside to be able to be let out. It is very standard (although probably not as much for womens suits, although I think a custom one will have it). Take it to a tailor!
And be mindful off what a tailor can do if the fit is off. Size up in pants that are too tight in the hips and have a tailor take the seat in. You could even have flair & widelegged trousers tapered if you find a pair that you love quality-wise.
Good suggestion, thanks. I’ve recently found someone too to take on some things so will see if they can let out the arms a bit.

TexasToast

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to even be posting here.. in a menswear forum about women's clothes. It's just that I cannot for the life of me find any reliable sources re: high quality office attire for women. In the years since I've left school, I've gradually moved away from the BR, Ann Taylor etc. towards Theory and Brooks Brothers (only to discover, after some time has passed and after reading some posts here) that those aren't high quality either. I don't want trendy, I want conservative office attire - including suits. If your favorite high quality men's attire manufacturer also has a women's line, can you please share?

Thank you, and I'm very sorry if I'm in the wrong place completely for this.
Kashiyama does MTM for women not sure if that interest you or if you already know of them.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This thread is years old, but those who are interested in the subject should check out Female Fashion Advice on Reddit. Since that subreddit is mostly made up of women professionals, I think you'll get better advice there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads