• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suggestions for canvas and leather duffle bag

SJX

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for something like this Ghurka bag:
But without the $900 price tag, hopefully something less than $200, if that's even possible. Anyone have suggestions? Regards, JiaXian

ViroBono

Reaction score
Take a look at Billingham - one or two of the travel bags may meet the case. Not the cheapest, but incredibly good quality. These are the bags used by Michael Palin on his various journeys. I use them for cameras and laptop as well as travelling, and can recommend them without hesitation.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump. Is there anything cheaper? I kinda want a duffle bag to lug stuff around in but I don't want one that looks too athletic-y.

CrocsRock

Reaction score
Third the Filsons and second the Crane's suggestion.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by free man
I like. Can anyone attest to the quality?

I've never owned anything by Floto, but a couple of people have started threads about poor experiences with Floto - cracked leather, leather that didn't look like leather and was possibly vinyl instead, and so on.

That's not to say that all their products are bad, but certainly the leather that they use seems pretty cheap and awful.

free man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I've never owned anything by Floto, but a couple of people have started threads about poor experiences with Floto - cracked leather, leather that didn't look like leather and was possibly vinyl instead, and so on.

That's not to say that all their products are bad, but certainly the leather that they use seems pretty cheap and awful.

Indeed, it does like quite shiny. Too bad I guess..

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeez, nothing like good ol' hearsay and rumours... At my workplace we evaluated the leather version of that exact bag and were really impressed by the quality. All of the stitching was really solid. The leather's shiny because it's calf and they polish the s**t out of it.

free man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
Jeez, nothing like good ol' hearsay and rumours... At my workplace we evaluated the leather version of that exact bag and were really impressed by the quality. All of the stitching was really solid. The leather's shiny because it's calf and they polish the s**t out of it.

Good to hear.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery

It not all just hearsay

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ighlight=floto

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.