Suggestions for alterations

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amirrorcrackd, Mar 6, 2005.

1. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Purchased this jacket off of Ebay and am pleased with the fit, but I am looking for suggestions on alterations. Â It will be for casual wear, and I prefer my clothing VERY fitted. Â I know that the sleeves need to be shortened, and I think I should take in the waist and the skirt, but anything else? Â Am I wrong about any of that? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] thanks, Dan

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Need to fix the back a little (the wrinkles between your shoulder blades). I forget what that is called, but that's one thing that should be done. Sleeves for sure and waist is optional - you like it fitted, so go ahead.

3. Alias

Alias Senior member

Some nasty wrinkling at your armpits. I don't know if that's the fault of the fit or if it's just wrinkled due to wear.

Your collar seems ok, so I'm guessing the wrinkling at the back would be because the shoulders are too snug.

4. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

1. You need to get upper back rolls fixed. A tailor can 'roll' them up. Be sure to wear a dress shirt when doing this. 2. Bring in the waist. 3. If you really want a tapered look, then you need center back seam altered as well. I say bring in 0.5 inch will do it. Very happy looking jacket [​IMG]

5. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

What's this mean? How is it done?

As far as the wrinkling goes, the fabric is over 80% silk and has quite a sheen, so, much of the 'wrinkling' could be due to the light.

Thanks again,

Dan