• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggestions for a pair of derbies?

lsquare

Reaction score
I'm assuming derbies can be worn with dress pants and jeans? Anyways, I'm looking for a pair of derbies similar to this one:

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_articl...f=4VED1317094H

I was about to buy the APC derbies, but a lot of people said the quality of this pair of shoes is horrible and does not worth $300. I have two weeks to decide since I'll be landing in Boston on Christmas day.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm fairly fond of my Bally derbys, which are made of lambskin and are extremely comfortable, and IMO look pretty good with jeans and cords.

Goldengloves

Reaction score
I personally really like APC's shoes, although I don't own any, I did however look over thier boots and they look pretty well constructed. But for the price I think you can get something much better. I am personally into NDC's line of shoes lately (just ordered my second pair). The leather is awesome and the shoes are incredibly comfortable.
Regent.jpg
Not really a derby, but somewhat similar. Loake UK
747B_BLACK.jpg
Paul Smith
s4xc-1028-hur-b9-detailb-6211.jpg
Brown and distressed, but incredible none the less. Richard James also makes a fantastic looking Derby. check it out at www.richardjames.co.uk

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All of the shoes you posted are bals, not derbys.

Goldengloves

Reaction score
Yea I know, except for the richard james. They look somewhat similar though, plus I couldn't find many derbys.
smile.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. Bally are not quite in the league of Crockett & Jones and EG, but I would say these are close to AE quality in my experience, while APC are nowhere near that level IME.

Lamo

Reaction score
I wouldn't look towards APC for shoes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads