• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggestions for a dark brown captoe bal

mrbranch

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can throw out some suggestions for a dark brown captoe balmoral. In particular, I have a larger sized foot (12.5 US) so I don't want anything too elongated or pointy. So far I'm looking at the CJ Audley (337 last) at about $500 or the Herring/Cheaney Churchill at around $300. Any other suggestions for under $500?

mrbranch

Reaction score
The Alfred Sargent Chatham might be another option, although I haven't been able to find my size yet. Any other suggestions.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out the Carmina model at the Armoury store.

Wesley Bills

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbranch
The Alfred Sargent Chatham might be another option, although I haven't been able to find my size yet. Any other suggestions.

No sorry I can't help you but I hope some other people here can. Don't worry soon they will rush to your rescue.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J Westfield.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Check out the Carmina model at the Armoury store.

+1.

Wearing mine today.
smile.gif

NMW1982

Reaction score
The 337 last will make your already large feet seem bigger.

I find the American makers of shoes seem to make your feet look smaller like Alden or Allen Edmonds.

I'm wondering if anyone can throw out some suggestions for a dark brown captoe balmoral. In particular, I have a larger sized foot (12.5 US) so I don't want anything too elongated or pointy. So far I'm looking at the CJ Audley (337 last) at about $500 or the Herring/Cheaney Churchill at around $300. Any other suggestions for under $500?

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love my Audley's FWIW.

mrbranch

Reaction score
I hadn't heard of Carmina before. After a little surfing I find they have a very very nice model. SFers seem to think them a good value at around $500 at the Armoury. I'd be curious of any other models

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
the king of diamonds... one of my favorite cards in play. i always get enticed by it whenever i see it flop down in front of me.

Liv on Sunday...King of Diamonds Monday. Swagger so dumb, call it Kelly Bundy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads