• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggestion for an Aqua Green colored tie

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
I will be attending a wedding where the male related parties have to wear Aqua Green/Aquamarine colored ties. Honestly, the last thing I want to wear is a solid pastel colored tie with matching pocket square. But thankfully, the choices of patterns on the tie and of pocket square color is open. Could anyone point me to a nice looking aqua green tie?

The color choices on the suits and shirts are open, any suggestions on those to match the tie as well?

The color in question.
aquamarinezy6.jpg

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you wear it around your head (sort of like the head band in the Karate Kid) with the ends dangling?

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
At the after party no doubt. Not in front of the altar.

TIEALIGN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Potato
I will be attending a wedding where the male related parties have to wear Aqua Green/Aquamarine colored ties. Honestly, the last thing I want to wear is a solid pastel colored tie with matching pocket square. But thankfully, the choices of patterns on the tie and of pocket square color is open. Could anyone point me to a nice looking aqua green tie?

The color choices on the suits and shirts are open, any suggestions on those to match the tie as well?

The color in question.
aquamarinezy6.jpg

I think I have a necktie in that color blue left over from a custom order I did for a wedding party. If you're interested let me know and I can take some pics. Its actually the same pattern as a tie I currently offer called blue silver but instead of the powder blue for the dominant color its Tiffany Blue/Aqua blue.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My aqua blue colored Charvet shirt..
laugh.gif

qtdude

Reaction score
Get the best white shirt you can get and it will really sell the aqua tie. The last thing(s) you want to do is either have your shirt competing with the tie or having this match thing going where it looks like you are either Regis Philbin (remember the Who wants to be a Millionaire monotone thing?) or trying too hard and come off as a Garanimal (matching kids stuff).

That aqua is so bold, IMHO its got to stand front and center and let everything else just sit back.

As for the suit, a dark blue with very muted pinstripe would work well. Or you can go a grey and black houndstooth or nailhead.

unicornwarrior

Reaction score
I own a hugo boss tie (that is slightly skinny...but not overly so like other ties) that is just a slight shade darker than that tie. I bought it a couple months ago, but I swear I've seen it at their stores still.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads