Suggested Brands for Someone Looking For more?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cookieking1, Feb 12, 2013.

1. cookieking1

cookieking1 New Member

I am a 26 year-old athletic, Jamaican male (born and raised in the States) who is having a bit of a clothing issue.

You see, I cannot wear slim-fit jeans or shirts with narrow sleeves that seem to grace every designer I know of because...well...I'm an athletic, Jamaican male, heh heh. I have broad shoulders, a 16" bicep, and thick thighs. I absolutely hate thug-style clothing, and I prefer clothes that are fitted, yet comfortable.

I have shopped at Express for a few years, then I matured out of it and ventured into Calvin Klein. However, I would like to step it up a bit, but not too much. Based upon my shopping history, I enjoy the look and feel of European fashion - slim but reasonably bold. I enjoy clothes where "the devil's in the details." I am not a huge fan of American fashion, although I will remain open to suggestions.

Does anyone have any advice as to where I should shop next? I am a stay-at-home dad, so my income is limited. However, I am willing to pay for a higher price tag if the quality of the item justifies it.

I am new here, so I sincerely apologize if I am in the wrong thread; if so, please direct me to the correct one.

I appreciate your help!

2. red81

red81 Well-Known Member

what major city are you close to?

3. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

lurk here more, it ain't going to happen overnight

4. cookieking1

cookieking1 New Member

I live in the Washington, D.C. area. Sorry, forgot to mention that too, lol.

5. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

move to NYC

6. cookieking1

cookieking1 New Member

I guess I was looking for a more accessible answer than relocation. :p