• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggest me some Shoes to go with my Denim!

AmericanLion

Reaction score
I am looking to dress very nice casual style for everyday of the week. I have ordered a pair of Wolverine 1k Boots and a few pairs of STF Levi 501's in the regular Rigid color and ordered a pair of the regular rigid color of the Levi 508 Tapered. I am also thinking of ordering maybe these http://www.zappos.com/levis-mens-50...fit-jeans-toffee-shrink-to-fit-w-natural-fill.

I really need some Khakis as well but I just don't know what brand to go with or how to incorporate those into my style.(Feel free to suggest some!) I am really excited about the Wolverine 1ks and my 501 Denim that I won't ever have to wash with some Solid Color T's and some nice Cardigans and sweaters.

However, I don't want to have to wear my W1Ks every single day(I wouldn't mind but I don't want to wear them out to fast) and the only other shoe I have right now are some Converse Chuck Taylors( I know I am overhauling my Wardrobe and it is LONG overdue!)

So I guess what I need from you guys are some suggestions on what kind of shoes I can rock with my denim and khakis in a conservative rugged gentleman type of way! :)

AmericanLion

Reaction score
What are those Distorbiant? Look like some type of Converse. I am not really sure how I feel about black shoes. I just think brown goes with more but I probably do need a pair of black casuals. I was looking at the Toms Bota shoes and I am really feeling those and some of the Desert Shoes by Clarks!

AmericanLion

Reaction score
I am looking for a good wingtip oxford or boot(Boot doesn't have to be wingtip but can.) Does anyone have any brands they would suggest or particular models they would suggest? I don't think I am willing to fork out Alden or Allen Edmund prices yet. Still developing the style.

Style Newb

Reaction score

These would look good and satisfy your brown requirement. Mark Nason Lounge. Discontinued but you can still find them.
Those Converse above look great
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

BuffaloWang

Reaction score

I am looking for a good wingtip oxford or boot(Boot doesn't have to be wingtip but can.) Does anyone have any brands they would suggest or particular models they would suggest? I don't think I am willing to fork out Alden or Allen Edmund prices yet. Still developing the style.

A lot of AE's can be bought for <$100 in good condition.
Got a pair for ~$70 which was worn twice. I find most AE sellers on eBay will also negotiate, so if you see a pair message the seller for a deal.

Get your size right first, then just wait out eBay.

Adidas, Nike, GATs, Purcell, Vans, Desert Boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads