• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suggest a shirt maker-tailor in Atlanta

bronco7777

Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I'd like to get a custom made....slim fit shirt..... in Atlanta. Can you guys make some suggestions for me on shirt makers/tailors in Atlanta. Thanks
 

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
23
Go to Sid Mashburn. I don't think they do full bespoke, but they can customize around their standard offerings, which are quite good.
 

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Go to Sid Mashburn. I don't think they do full bespoke, but they can customize around their standard offerings, which are quite good.

I've never been to Sid Mashburn, but from what I've read, I'm sure that they should be your first stop. They are sure to have some sort of good MTM program on offer, and would likely be happy to point you in the direction of the reliable bespoke tailors in town.
 

Dewi

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
461
Reaction score
78
Originally Posted by bronco7777
I'd like to get a custom made....slim fit shirt..... in Atlanta. Can you guys make some suggestions for me on shirt makers/tailors in Atlanta. Thanks

As already said, Sid. Also, there's Miller Brothers, Hong Kong Tailors (no idea if they're any good), Guffey's, and a few others that turned up in a forum search. Most you'll find will be MTM and not full bespoke. Mario's old shop might still do bespoke shirts, but I'm not sure.
 

forex

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
6,639
Reaction score
209
Originally Posted by Dewi
As already said, Sid. Also, there's Miller Brothers, Hong Kong Tailors (no idea if they're any good), Guffey's, and a few others that turned up in a forum search. Most you'll find will be MTM and not full bespoke. Mario's old shop might still do bespoke shirts, but I'm not sure.

I think Mario's shop does full bespoke, I doubt Mario does anything himself anymore,he is probably too old. There is a guy named Teo who does bespoke suits and shirts,although,I wasn't impressed by his work,looked at a few things. Prices are pretty high too, suits are $3K and shirts must be in the $300 range.
 

Dewi

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
461
Reaction score
78
Originally Posted by forex
I think Mario's shop does full bespoke, I doubt Mario does anything himself anymore,he is probably too old. There is a guy named Teo who does bespoke suits and shirts,although,I wasn't impressed by his work,looked at a few things. Prices are pretty high too, suits are $3K and shirts must be in the $300 range.

Mario's prices usually are a bit high, at least they seem that way to me. And I think Teo is Mario's old apprentice, or at least worked at the shop before Mario left. For full bespoke though, I don't think that $3,000 is that bad for a suit you can stop in and watch being made.
 

PITAronin

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
372
Reaction score
1
Another option might be J. Harrington at the Forum in Peachtree Corners (Gwinnett). Though I haven't used them, I understand they have a MTM shirting program and - at least based on the examples being worn by the guys working there - the quality/fit seems ok.
 

cmacey

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
207
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Dewi
As already said, Sid. Also, there's Miller Brothers, Hong Kong Tailors (no idea if they're any good), Guffey's, and a few others that turned up in a forum search. Most you'll find will be MTM and not full bespoke. Mario's old shop might still do bespoke shirts, but I'm not sure.

Another vote for Sid. I have a couple of shirts and love them. Lenox BB also does MTM.
 

forex

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
6,639
Reaction score
209
Originally Posted by Dewi
Mario's prices usually are a bit high, at least they seem that way to me. And I think Teo is Mario's old apprentice, or at least worked at the shop before Mario left. For full bespoke though, I don't think that $3,000 is that bad for a suit you can stop in and watch being made.

Just because you can watch it being made doesn't mean it's worth the price. I think that his suits aren't worth $3K,for half the price,I'd give them a try but not for $3K.
 

hobscrk777

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
What are the prices like on MTM shirts at Sid Mashburn? Trying to decide whether it's better to go online MTM, OTR and then altered from somewhere less expensive but still acceptable quality (e.g. BB), or in-person MTM.
 

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2011
Messages
5,248
Reaction score
281
I've been seeing a lot of Mario recently - lots of alterations of new suits etc. etc.

He's 74, which isn't all that terribly old. And I keep thinking I want to give him a shot at a full bespoke. But for some reason just can muster up the trust.......not that I have any problems with his alterations or experience.........can't seem to put my finger on it.............................He did hand sew some wonderful buttonholes for me on jacket cuffs......but of course that is far from a full on bespoke suit.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 14 3.9%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 62 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 119 33.0%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 64 17.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 26 7.2%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 20 5.5%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 13 3.6%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 6 1.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 12 3.3%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 3 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 20 5.5%

Related Threads

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
427,397
Messages
9,198,257
Members
193,182
Latest member
withpractice

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top