1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Suggest a Jantzen fabric for a White Shirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Michael1981, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Michael1981

Michael1981 Senior member

I got fitted by Ricky while in HK and now since returning to Canada would like to order some shirts.

I am looking to order a white shirt I can wear casually with jeans and was unsure of which fabric to choose. Basically I want something that will drape well and not be sheer. Was confused since there are so many choices on the website.

Was wondering if someone here could make a suggestion of a fabric as a result of first hand experience actually having a shirt made in it.

Thanks alot.

2. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

There is a mini herringbone that costs a little more than the standard cloths. Very soft and medium weight. Has performed well for me.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

The 2 white shirts I had made were a french oxford and a diamond dobby. I really like the dobby fabric, Dobby #11, White Diamond Design 120's, 2 Ply,
    100% Italian Cotton. It gives a plain white shirt some character. Looks good casual with jeans as well.

4. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

There is a mini herringbone that costs a little more than the standard cloths. Very soft and medium weight. Has performed well for me.
    You are probably talking about JKT #0089. I have that one too and it has a nice sheen to it. An oxford fabric would also work nicely for casual wear.

5. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I really wish they had standard solid 120s blues and whites I'd be much more inclined to use them.

6. denning

denning Senior member

I have had a couple shirts made from Twill #22, Super Fine Snow White Fine Cotton Twill, it is a really fine twill, barely noticeable, but provides enough heft to the fabric to prevent it from being sheer without being too heavy.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I really wish they had standard solid 120s blues and whites I'd be much more inclined to use them.

They do. Have you looked at #1 and #9?

8. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have had a couple shirts made from Twill #22

I second denning's choice. It's got a nice weight and it's definitely not sheer. I've got it in the P15, natural MOPs, barrel cuff. Nice with jeans.

9. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I cannot find a white oxford in the fabric selections and it's making me very, very angry.

10. rabbimark

rabbimark Well-Known Member

Isn't having Janzen do up a white oxford shirt kind of like having a Ferrari station wagon? or a Rolex alarm clock?

Kind of misses the point of the exercize, no?

11. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Isn't having Janzen do up a white oxford shirt kind of like having a Ferrari station wagon? or a Rolex alarm clock?

Kind of misses the point of the exercize, no?

A great fitting OCBD is a beautiful thing. Thom charges c.$400 for his.

12. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I cannot find a white oxford in the fabric selections and it's making me very, very angry.

These should help you relax [​IMG]
    French Oxford #7
    Snow White Pin-Point Oxford #38

13. Jared

Jared Senior member

Since I don't know how consciously noticable these fabrics are in real life, I'm wondering if you gentlemen can speculate: are they all appropriate for, say, an interview, or do some of them make the shirt more casual?