• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggest a hiking boot ....

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I started liking the hiking boot look when these Diemme boots first appeared at Tres Bien Shop aroud 6-8 months back and didnt buy them due to limited utility and SF groupthink that they are ugly.

diemme.jpg

Then I came across these Fracap ones which I loved but again desisted from buying.

30-12-2010_fracap_ripplesole_engmarro_large.jpg

Now I saw these recently posted in the non-sart looks threads and I started wanting a pair again.

Originally Posted by aj_del
ANy idea who makes these boots ? They look sleeker than Fracap/ Diemme
gq2011pitti90.jpg

^^ Thanks, looks like they are 1000 USD which is around 700 more than my budget. I should probaby get these AEs http://pics.ae.com/is/image/aeo/0211_5666_203_b?$pdp-265$ for 60 USD

boots_VEmbed.jpg

Clockwise from top:
MAGNANNI ($425), DUNHILL ($650), FRYE ($298), BRUNELLO CUCINELLI ($985), MONCLER V COLLECTION ($740)

Originally Posted by JPHardy
Yeah Spoo, when did this happen?

AJ,

I think you will like these:

gqmilansept25.jpg

So basically what I want is a boot with the look of the hiking boots without the super heavy sole. Something more suitable for the city with casual clothes rather than actual hiking.

Any suggestions ..

Thanks

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I appreciate it.

Sadly none of them are what I am looking for. Honestly all of them look like regular boots rather than hiking boots.

captmomo

Reaction score
I really like this pair;

img1181l.jpg

Just can't justify the purchase though.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I saw that, its a little too SWD for what I had in mind. Its on sale at endclothing.co.uk in case you are interested. The suede one looks better to me .
03-11-2010_abington_gtxhikergrey_large.jpg

Francisco

Reaction score
I just brought myself a Danner and enjoy using as a walking boots for bad weather. Very comfortable and durable.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like these, aj_del:

gq2011pitti90.jpg

Heels (!), nice colours, simple design.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ just need to sell 10 sf secret code at a hundred bucks a pop and they will be mine

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ just need to sell 10 sf secret code at a hundred bucks a pop and they will be mine

Ah, BC right? I understand. I remember seeing some nice Santoni's. Probably not cheap either, though. (I don't mean the ones on the sleek George last, you might find in a Google search.)

I like these, except for the nose (which would be a deal breaker for me):

imgeh.jpg

See here.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of the ones posted so far I like the Dunhill's the best - the ones with the yellow laces below:

boots_VEmbed.jpg

But I wouldn't know where to get them, so in the beginning of December I ordered a pair of brown Paraboot Avoriaz instead:

IMG_1576.jpg

not my pic

I'm still waiting for these as they were out of stock when I placed the order @ Pediwear (they said 6 to 8 weeks).

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Paraboots are supposed to be the genuine thing and you can actually hike in them. I have no requirement of hiking boots. The last 2 'hikes' (see pics below) I undertook were of the kind where I took my then 2.5 year son along on his pram. My AS chukkas worked fine for that. As such the 'hiking boots' I want are actually just CJ Coniston level tough boots with a hiking boot look.
ieuzXY.JPG
ieqh9Q.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads