1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

sugarcane okinawa one wash further shrinkage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rascal2, Nov 14, 2012.

1. rascal2

rascal2 Member

Searched & tried this in the small questions thread... got buried behind a bunch of nonsense.

Just got a pair of one-wash SC Okinawas in the mail, really unique, very rough / slubby denim.

The inseam is pretty long for me though, these seem to be more like 35" than the 33" purported by SE.

Question: how much more will they shrink in the inseam with a wash? If I can bring them in a bit might work w/o hemming. Waist is comfortable if not loose now, so shouldn't be a big deal if it comes in as well. Loose everywhere else.

Since my other denims have shrunk a bit even if they were sanforized, or raw and soaked/washed right off the bat, figure these still have some room to come in. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.

No biggie if I have to mail them off for a hem but if I don't have to.. plus the original hem seems to generally be nicer than even a good chainstitch.

2. Jahfire23

Jahfire23 Member

I hemmed my pair right when I purchased them. I wore them for about 8 months before doing a hot hand wash and I did not notice any noticeable shrinkage. The waist felt a little tighter, but it has since stretched out. I cuff them about 2 inches and I am still able to cuff them 2 inches without seeing a difference. I was a bit disappointed because I was hoping to get some shrinkage for a slimmer fit.

3. rascal2

rascal2 Member

So, for future reference, I hot washed them (no detergent) and hung dry last night. This morning they were back to original size (32") in the waist, and had lost about an inch (34.5 -> 33.4) in the inseam. Gonna try rocking them with a mix of cuff styles and see how I like it.