• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sugarcane Garrison belt size?

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping one or two people on here have experience with Sugarcane's Garrison belt to help me with sizing. I wear a size 28 in APC NS's and 30 in most other jeans. What size Garrison belt should I go for? I've read they run small. Thanks for any help....

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You want a size 32 then.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
i have a 36. i'm a 32 but i like a little extra belt.

Wade M

Reaction score
I have size 28NS.

I have a size 32 Garrison, and it does up on the second loop.

(I'm generally a 30 in everything else)

--Wade

jedwards

Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure people know that these are NOT actually made from leather, whcih I dont think a lot of people realise.

If you look at the Sugar Cane logo on the belt it says "leather style, made from man made materials" i.e. the belt is actually plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or whatever the correct chemical name is)

But it sure as hell aint leather, so I dont understand why Sugar Cane charge so much for a plastic belt.........?

be careful if you think you're buying real leather...

1up.jpg

Wade M

Reaction score
Ummm....Why does it smell insanely strongly like leather even months after constant wear? (I still get comments about how strong it smells from people who aren't giving me head).

It also feels and wears like leather.

--Wade

jedwards

Reaction score
well, you can see for yourself in the picture above, what it says.

maybe yours is leather, but think about it, if something IS made from leather, it doesnt look very prestigious to say "leather style, man made materials" does it?

Leather 'smell' is very easy to replicate chemically anyway. Its actually used as a "perfume" impregnated in new car seats.

Wade M

Reaction score
I know what they look like, I own one
wink.gif
It smells/touches/looks and wears like leather, what _is_ it then? (honestly, now I'm interested). Check out this...It's aging like leather......http://supertalk.superfuture.com/sho...&postcount=125 I'm still saying leather....Regardless, however, I don't really care, I like it for exactly whatever the hell it is :p --Wade

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jedwards
If you look at the Sugar Cane logo on the belt it says "leather style, made from man made materials" i.e. the belt is actually plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or whatever the correct chemical name is)
1up.jpg

dude, it says ORIGINAL STYLE LEATHER/MAN MADE MATERIALS; i don't have one, but i don't doubt it is leather. the man made materials bit refers to the buckle, i'm sure. don't let the engrish mess with your head.
marchal.gif

jedwards

Reaction score
woah... people are taking this as some sort of personal attack.

I am just pointing out that in my mind that normally leather products say "genuine leather" or "real leather".

From my experience of buying good quality leather shoes / belts whatever, they will all say "made from genuine leather" etc.

If I was looking to buy something leather, I would run a mile if it said "original style leather man made material"

Sugar Cane's English seems to be perfect on all of their tickets, tags etc, so I dont think all of a sudden this is a case of "Japanese man learning speak good English"

Im sure they're lovely thick belts, but their wording leads me to believe its plastic / 'pleather' / synthetic leather, whatever the correct term is.

Anyway its all good.

Wade M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jedwards
woah... people are taking this as some sort of personal attack.
Not a personal attack over here, but you are talking about something you've only seen in a picture. There's no authority or understanding behind what you're saying(you're looking at a picture). I may not know for certain what's going on, but I do know the belt meets the physical attributes of leather based on personal and other SF's experiences. --Wade

Reaction score
hmmm... google translator indicates the cows are fake; man-made in sweatshops of the future, sent back in time to be made into belts that CONTROL YOUR MIND!
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads