• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Cross-post from C&J Quintessential thread.
C&J Camberley in tobacco suede:

IMG_4043.JPG

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrival, purchased during the Queen's Jubilee.

Brand: Herring Shoes (by Barker)
Colour: Waxy Snuff Suede and Castagnia Suede
Model: Cirencester
Last: 026
Welt: 360
Sole: Commando Light Weight by Wearlight

I took advantage of an special price and decided that I needed both colours. I have to confess that I felt buyer's remorse, but when the boots arrived, remorse turned into joy.

Very nice shape, the flaps hug the feet (simlilar to Tricker's Aldo or Cobbler Union chukka) and are friendly with my high instep so there are not unsighty wrinkles. The last is comfortable, similar to C&J's 325 or Loake's Capital. An excellent option for travelling because they are truly lightweight.

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Lof & Tung loafers:

Lof & Tung Quarbaro Loafers in Tobacco Suede.jpg

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Church's Caldecott II boots:

Church's Caldecott II.jpg

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Viberg x Mr. Porter Zabri suede derby boots:

Viberg Black Suede Derby Boots.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been a classic menswear dresser for +15 years and have a shoe rotation of 25-30 shoes. I never grew fond of the looks of suede shoes and thus never gave it a honest chance since I haven't liked the look of suede shoes compared to calf.

Having nailed down my classic/formal wardrobe I've begun to explore casual options and expand my casual wardrobe. So I told myself, now is the time to actually at least try suede shoes. Acquired the two shoes below (stock photos), and I gotta say, I'm sold. They look freaking fantastic with flannel.

Conventional wisdom dictates that suede and flannel goes hand in hand, which I obviously knew. But I never gave it a honest chance despite having a soft spot for flannel. But I'm glad I did now. These are definite keepers.

Crockett & Jones Swansea
crockett-jones-swansea-suede_1500x1500_199.jpg

TLB Artista Brogued Cap Oxford
tlb-artista-brogued-cap-oxford-dark-brown-suede.jpg

Instantly considering these Vass Alt English Brogued model as well
cffb3d26d5af2558916a8a5e88881b88--tattersall-shirt-fancy-shoes.jpg

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New pair I got for autumn. Carlos santos, 453 last, vibram commando sole, forest green suede
1BC2587F-C349-4E53-92ED-63EEB853375F.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads