• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shrink1061

Reaction score

shrink1061

Reaction score
String loafers

much nicer than tassels imho. Where are these ones from?

svf

Reaction score
A few suede loafers have caught my eye recently. Cru Nonpareil has an ongoing GMTO w/these penny loafers
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 12.50.34 PM.png

and then Baudoin Lange has these belgians:

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 12.53.05 PM.png

My hesitation is neither are returnable, and I'm a bit hesitant given how carefully you need to fit loafers to prevent heel slip, etc. Any thoughts or suggestions? And, no, "get both" is not an option ;-)

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I may have asked you before but can you please share comparison of 4831 size with your other shoes?
-

Hello Oscar (great name)

I use Church's 173, AE 109 and 87, Loake Capital, Carmina Detroit in 10.5UK and Vass P in 45. I find the Archie slightly wider but not enough to size down. If your feet are slim maybe you should size half down. My feet swell a bit after 10Km runs and the Archie are very welcome those days.

I hope this helps.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new pair of chukkas from Cobbler Union arrived. A wonderfull chukka, the second in the same model and same last (first pair in Utah Calf).

Brand: Cobbler Union
Last: 312
Welt: 360
Sole: Dainite
Colour: Tobacco

These chukkas shout out quality in every angle. The suede is very soft, the burgundy linning and the quilted heel cup gives the sensation that you have purchased something special. A round toe to accomodate my bulky feet that put these chukkas on the "almost" casual side. I have applied some Collonil suede waterproff spray to avoid the horrible stains that my sloppy way of eating ensures.

IMG_3662.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3660.JPG

IMG_3663.JPG

IMG_3665.JPG

IMG_3667.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads