• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John Lobb aubergine color. 20201221_122538.jpg 20201221_122619.jpg

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope it’s a good thread to ask. My girlfriend knew that I always wanted to try baudoin Lange loafer and got a pair on eBay for me. The sole looks really good nevertheless the upper has some defects (she got them for really cheap). Do you have any advice on how to fix this „leather ring“ around the shoe ? It is only on one sides

Attachments

• 4E257652-59E4-4540-9879-C41C48A03237.jpeg
    4E257652-59E4-4540-9879-C41C48A03237.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 87

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE Leeds

IMG_9844.jpg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last post of this year.

Brand: Sanders
Model: Archie
Color: Snuff
Last: 4831
Welt: 360
Sole: Crepe

The Archie bluchers have been a fantastic discovery in 2020, they are very comfortable, well made (GYW), good looking and with amazing prices (check Sanders website outlet https://www.sanders-uk.com/). There where bought from A Fine Pair of Shoes.

I prefer using these shoes when something casual is needed so I can avoid using trainers or boat shoes. The last is a tad bulky but very welcome the days I run and my feet beg for comfort.

IMG_9530.JPG
IMG_9531.JPG
IMG_9533.JPG
IMG_9834.JPG

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope it’s a good thread to ask. My girlfriend knew that I always wanted to try baudoin Lange loafer and got a pair on eBay for me. The sole looks really good nevertheless the upper has some defects (she got them for really cheap). Do you have any advice on how to fix this „leather ring“ around the shoe ? It is only on one sides

Carefully apply some shoe polish?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the boot thread

I was looking for these chukkas for a while, they arrived last week:

Brand: Heschung
Model: Genet
Last: Odeon
Welt: reverse welt / 360
Sole: Natural rubber (Hevea in Heschung words)

Bought from Pediwear, their service is great, I hope they could offer more models of Heschung. Odeon last has significant "vertical space" without being bulbous, great for my running days when my feet beg for a comfortable shoe. This can become my "long haul" travel shoes, when I need to be well shoed but comfortable and can't use the 30% of my luggage with shoes. I believe that when you visit a shoe store wearing good shoes the sales staff are more proactive and don't try to push the sale, something that I find annoying.

The asthetics of these chukkas as with other Heschung models is robust and exudes quality. These are my 4th pair of Heschung, I always look for their "Iconic" models. Somehow Heschung has balanced their offering of heavy / country looking models and more fashion ones. Jasper for Shogazing review of a pair of Heschung Crocus describes it very accuratley:

Heschung is just like several other major French brands good at retaining its history and quality level, but at the same time flirt towards a more fashion-oriented clientele and have a design and communication that “ordinary people” appreciate, not only shoe nerds. (https://shoegazing.com/2016/05/08/review-heschung-crocus-anilcalf-cafe/)

IMG_9563.JPG

IMG_9565.JPG

IMG_9566.JPG

IMG_9567.JPG

IMG_9569.JPG

QUOTE REPLY

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the boot thread

I was looking for these chukkas for a while, they arrived last week:

Brand: Heschung
Model: Genet
Last: Odeon
Welt: reverse welt / 360
Sole: Natural rubber (Hevea in Heschung words)

Bought from Pediwear, their service is great, I hope they could offer more models of Heschung. Odeon last has significant "vertical space" without being bulbous, great for my running days when my feet beg for a comfortable shoe. This can become my "long haul" travel shoes, when I need to be well shoed but comfortable and can't use the 30% of my luggage with shoes. I believe that when you visit a shoe store wearing good shoes the sales staff are more proactive and don't try to push the sale, something that I find annoying.

The asthetics of these chukkas as with other Heschung models is robust and exudes quality. These are my 4th pair of Heschung, I always look for their "Iconic" models. Somehow Heschung has balanced their offering of heavy / country looking models and more fashion ones. Jasper for Shogazing review of a pair of Heschung Crocus describes it very accuratley:

Heschung is just like several other major French brands good at retaining its history and quality level, but at the same time flirt towards a more fashion-oriented clientele and have a design and communication that “ordinary people” appreciate, not only shoe nerds. (https://shoegazing.com/2016/05/08/review-heschung-crocus-anilcalf-cafe/)

IMG_9563.JPG

IMG_9565.JPG

IMG_9566.JPG

IMG_9567.JPG

IMG_9569.JPG

QUOTE REPLY

getting great deals on Heschung shoes and boots is what I miss most about the demise of Barney’s. Heschung is a great brand.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
getting great deals on Heschung shoes and boots is what I miss most about the demise of Barney’s. Heschung is a great brand.
Agree with you, I got mine from their last sales when I didn't know they were closing, I should have bought so many other things...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads