• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
okay boys
daddy got new shoes
grenson masterpiece made for paul stuart

color is listed as "mid brown". indoor cell phone pics. under overcast IRL they are more a yellow-copper shade.

EXHJzl.jpg

FpxVj.jpg

3iPhi.jpg

H9SgHl.jpg

hqWuP.jpg

These are nice,do they fit true to size?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
These are nice,do they fit true to size?

as far as length and width - yes
for volume, feels like they have a slightly flat/low toecap, and a high instep, which makes my heel tend to slip out a bit.

i have a medium-high arch. those with shallower arch may not find these appropriate.

glenjay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phailing101
What are your thoughts on wearing suede balmorals with denim?

I think you can pull it off in suede but I dislike calfskin/cordovan bals with denim for the most part.

Am I wrong to think suede bals should stick to suits and less dressier days involving sport coats (for example)?

*note: Grensons above look awesome with denim actually.

Actually the shoe in question is a quarter brogue adelaide oxford. However, suede is inherently causal because of it's texture and therefore should be worn with anything casual from sport coats and slacks to jeans. I would not however wear calfskin oxfords with jeans, unless the intent of the look is to be anti-establishment, or that you only own one pair of shoes.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
I'm having made something like that (not bespoke). Will wear them with anything from jeans to suits.

These:

grevedeauvillezwartecap.jpg

in this:

395brownsuede.jpg

phailing101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by glenjay
Actually the shoe in question is a quarter brogue adelaide oxford. However, suede is inherently causal because of it's texture and therefore should be worn with anything casual from sport coats and slacks to jeans. I would not however wear calfskin oxfords with jeans, unless the intent of the look is to be anti-establishment, or that you only own one pair of shoes.

I'm glad someone agrees with me as I've had the argument before where they argue any oxford is no good with jeans. I love the look though!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wrong thread

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Maroon suede chukka boots . They were placed inside an AE box and smuggled pass SF shoe gods
devil.gif

20101228_2012.jpg
[/IMG]

20101228_2013.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay, you need to tell me where you got these immediately.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
Okay, you need to tell me where you got these immediately.
Sak's after Xmas sale

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrived today from Pediwear, Sanders Olly in Snuff Suede
img1055k.jpg
img1059a.jpg
img1066f.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I have those in buff, they are quite heavy weight wise ...

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0454.jpg
Suedeeeeeeeeee
laugh.gif
inlove.gif
need to buy myself a pair of Salisburys for valentines day.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Cross posted from SW&D; ignore my black jeans/socks as I'm just trying the boots on around the house.

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads