• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Goofy

Reaction score
Besides varying upper materials men’s espadrille design is quite traditional and doesn’t offer much variation unlike for women.
It’s not an espadrille unless the entire (mid)sole is made out of rope and the upper is stitched on to it.
His & hers at your request.

Attachments

Last edited:

Panama

Reaction score
Besides varying upper materials men’s espadrille design is quite traditional and doesn’t offer much variation unlike for women.
It’s not an espadrille unless the entire (mid)sole is made out of rope and the upper is stitched on to it.
His & hers at your request.
How did you get chosen to decide that Men's Espadrilles have to be a certain way? Postal vote? I am surprised you haven't desecrated the grave/urn of YveSaint Laurent for designing the wedge Espadrille.

Goofy

Reaction score
How did you get chosen to decide that Men's Espadrilles have to be a certain way? Postal vote? I am surprised you haven't desecrated the grave/urn of YveSaint Laurent for designing the wedge Espadrille.
Wedge espadrilles are espadrilles in the sense they have a woven sole made out of esparto, jute or hemp and the upper, made of canvas, cotton, leather or synthetic material which is stitched directly onto the sole. The thickness or shape of the sole is irrelevant. Some are produced with rubber outsoles for comfort and durability. Hence why wedge espadrilles are espadrilles by definition, whereas lace shoes with a woven foxing glued onto a midsole made of some other material aren’t.

Can you confirm that the entire (mid)sole of your shoe is constructed from the same woven material? In which case it would be an espadrille.

I believe Yves would agree with my assessment. There’s no need to desecrate the poor man’s resting place.

Last edited:

vim147

Reaction score
Are suede shoes considered to be summer shoes ?

Am looking to get a pair of suede brogues in brown.

Panama

Reaction score
Are suede shoes considered to be summer shoes ?

Am looking to get a pair of suede brogues in brown.
Not necessarily, but avoid bad weather. It rains in Summer but the sun does shine in Spring and Fall/Autumn.

PORCAMOSRL

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
KITON.png

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above