1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

suede shoes - post 'em here!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by srivats, Dec 3, 2009.

1. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

My man! :fistbump:

1 person likes this.
  2. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

3. colco

colco Senior member

4. colco

colco Senior member

5. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I bought mine from the "Shoebank" -- essentially, their outlets' online catalog.

That model that I posted is no longer made, so they were just clearing out the last of what they had in stock. The pair that I bought was the last pair that they had in stock in my size (15). They still have them (as well as other brown suede shoes, such as the Cavanaugh loafer) in other sizes. Its www.shoebank.com. However, you can't purchase them off of the website -- you need to call one of their outlets and place your order over the phone.

6. colco

colco Senior member

7. maxmorlock84

maxmorlock84 Member

sand color suede shoes for the summer...love 'em

[​IMG]

8. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

9. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I had my first identical pair of these Ralph Lauren bucks that I purchased in 2003. I wore as one of my favorite casual shoes until they fell apart in 2013. Although Ralph Lauren has had other, similar bucks in their shoe line they were never quite the same. I tried several other brands at various price points and nothing matched these for looks, comfort and fit. I found these a few weeks ago on EBay, my size and brand new old stock. Boy, was I happy.

I wear these with everything from jeans and chinos to casual cotton suits. I seem to get the most response to them when worn with a blazer and jeans or chinos or a navy cotton/linen suit.

[​IMG]

10. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just picked up these brand new C&J Cavendish loafers off of B&S. (Who says there are no good deals on B&S any more?). I had looked at the very similar Alden and tried them on in their San Francisco store but the fit just wasn't working for me. These C&J are spot on in fit and the color is especially nice. Light enough for Summer lighter clothing and dark enough for Winter flannels and cords.

[​IMG]

I've been a fan of suede shoes forever and wear them year-round. I almost always travel with at least one pair even in winter (usually with rubber soles). I'm not afraid of getting suede wet. I spray all my suede shoes once a year with a silicon water proof spray. All the silicon brands seem to be similar. If the shoes get wet, I just let them air dry and give them a light brushing.

11. epc2

epc2 Senior member

^^ Very Nice , can you comment on how the fit comparesto the Alden tassel loafer in the aberdeen last , how's the heel and toebox wider,narrower?

Thanks in advance,

12. RichardHarrow

RichardHarrow Member

Hi guys. I have these nice dark brown suede shoes from Peal & Co+Brooks brothers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
  13. manasdirge

manasdirge Senior member

Nice! what model and where did you get this?

14. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

It seems that chocolate suede Carminas are extinct from basically all possible sources (under $500), and there is no plan for an imminent restock.

Would anyone be down for a GMTO for a chocolate suede Carmina in the Rain last? I was thinking either a semi-brogue or the adelaide we've seen posted here. I know there is a Polo suede GMTO almost complete, and that shoe is tempting, but I have to fill the dark brown shoe gap first.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. manasdirge

manasdirge Senior member

Worth considering, although I am thinking of a more casual style, derby/loafer/chakka maybe?

16. Anm1984

Anm1984 Senior member

Vass red/brown and EG Nutmeg

[​IMG]

17. manasdirge

manasdirge Senior member

Now that's the model I want to buy:slayer: where did you get this?

18. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

pretty sure that's spigola by koji suzuki

19. manasdirge

manasdirge Senior member

Thanks for the tips!

20. JLnoir

JLnoir Senior member

I've already posted,these today on another thread but here is my Carmina snuff suede loafers: [​IMG]

1 person likes this.