• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suede shoes help/ crockett & jones

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoo-wee, I think that photograph just sealed the deal. Thanks, guys! polo suede it is.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like a plain captoe on a suede shoe.

I think Pocketsquare's shoes, the Westfield, is the ideal. By nature the suede shoe is casual, and so therefore so have some broquing to make it interesting.

For the longest time I was also looking for a good deal on a suede shoe, then chance upon the EG/RLPL Mckay on the B&S forum.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Westfield is definitely the bomb, although it's not from the handgrade line, FWIW. But at the Pediwear price, you can probably afford to get two pair!

8e77c2dd.jpg

5eb47cd1.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
I really like this C&J suede derby at pediwear. New to them this year.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF Tramezza Gherardo
inlove.gif
If you can find them...

tram1iv4.jpg

w.mj

Reaction score
I find the 337 last too aggressive for my taste. I have the Westfield (341 last) in tobacco suede which has a nice reddish-brown color. Fantastic shoe. Can be had from pediwear or plal.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone should post the Gilt Borellis

contaygious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Westfield is definitely the bomb, although it's not from the handgrade line, FWIW. But at the Pediwear price, you can probably afford to get two pair!

8e77c2dd.jpg

5eb47cd1.jpg

Sweet shoes! Any idea how these fit compared to the cordovan onslow? I wear a US 12 and the 11 in onslow is too small for me-still wearing little by little because I'm too damn stubborn, but my heels hate me.

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
PSG, embowafa - nice Westfields. I, too, own them in Tobacco. Very attractive and versatile.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I have that one.
That might be why I like it. How do you like it? Actually, I think what made me want one was seeing a similar model on a pict of edmorel. Wish I'd known you had the brown leather version for sale.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
That might be why I like it. How do you like it? Actually, I think what made me want one was seeing a similar model on a pict of edmorel.

Wish I'd known you had the brown leather version for sale.

The leather version was actually Polo Herend on the 337 last, not the Dartmouth, but they are pretty similar. I like the Dartmouth quite a bit and I thought the suede version was discontinued. Maybe they brought it back? The 318 last isn't very common but it's sleek with the hint of a chiseled toe. The suede quality is excellent. I think I've also seen a tan leather version on ebay from time to time.

emptym

Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks. Last month was the first time I saw it on their site. I'll probably wait till the fall if I get it. I've ordered a boot from Tom, and am talking w/ Alfred Sargent about having a shoe or two MTM. They'll do most calfskin or suede models for about $400 and shell cordovan for $600. We're still in talks about shipping costs. What I really want is a black derby w/ rubber soles that's not as pointy as C&J's Highbury on the 348.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads