• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suede shoe (brown) - under £100 or $150

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically my lifestyle is hard on suede shoes. Spilled drinks, drunk girls stepping on them, rainy London weather... I can easily ruin a pair on an off night so I loathe to spend too much on them.

I need a brown plain / cap / light broguing that isnt chunky and can be worn with a suit. Preferably an oxford not a derby, but I'm a little flexible.

I know they are crap, but I almost want to consider these

http://www.swshoes.co.uk/buy.cfm/sam...filiate=17,495

At that price, if the shape is nice and the leather is not totally obviously cheap then I can use these almost as disposable suede shoes as a nice pair rarely lasts a summer anyways.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone own the Samuel Windors? Want to talk me into / out of them?

TIA,

K

Reaction score
Not entirely sure about these particular Samuel Windsors but I have a pair of black Oxfords from them and they have lasted nearly 2 years (but are looking a bit scruffy now...in a charming roguish way I feel). Not the best quality but you could do a heck of a lot worse.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
check out loake 1880 suede chukka..there are 2 models..ones just slightly over your pricepoint..

sorry tired today - the above are chukkas not oxfords..

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Goodness, those are some cheap shoes, especially when you consider the supposed goodyear welting, and the bundle of accoutrements they throw in. The shape is not as elegant as some, but what could you expect?

I say buy a pair, at worst you are only £35 out of pocket. At those prices, resoling is almost certainly going to be more expensive than buying a new shoe.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that I am going to have to take a punt on those Samuel Windsors. I know they are going to be ****, but at least there is a free returns policy for when they show up and look like poo.

Then I will turn around and buy something from one of the sites you guys mentioned.

Otherwise I will always wonder...

K

emptym

Reaction score
Bexley or eBAy?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackShoes
Goodness, those are some cheap shoes, especially when you consider the supposed goodyear welting, and the bundle of accoutrements they throw in. The shape is not as elegant as some, but what could you expect?

I say buy a pair, at worst you are only £35 out of pocket. At those prices, resoling is almost certainly going to be more expensive than buying a new shoe.

+1 How can you go wrong?

shoe features:

Traditional Goodyear welted
Calf leather upper
Hand crafted using open channel hand stitching
Cushioned sock
Up to size 14
Comfortable sole
Eye-catching suede design

Bravo340

Reaction score
Let us know when you receive them VKK, and how you like/dislike them. Thanks.

I'm looking for the same style shoe. I'd probably order those but they don't ship overseas.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I am not going to like them. If you zoom in you can see that the nap (?) is kinda rough and uneven.

I guess its a bit of morbid curiosity that at £35 I might just replace them every summer and that the construction may hold out until someone spills a pitcher of Pimms on them...

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads