Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suede Jacket - MTM jacket pics added

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Feb 23, 2010.

1. holymadness

holymadness Distinguished Member

For the past two weeks you have started copious threads asking people to advise you on how to spend your money, as if you are building your entire wardrobe from scratch. You also mention in over a dozen threads the sport coats you're about to order and in which fabric, with swatches. Then there's the charity thing.

It's none of my business, of course, but you do give that impression.

2. aj_del

aj_del Distinguished Member

For the past two weeks you have started copious threads asking people to advise you on how to spend your money, as if you are building your entire wardrobe from scratch. You also mention in over a dozen threads the sport coats you're about to order and in which fabric, with swatches. Then there's the charity thing.

It's none of my business, of course, but you do give that impression.

My total shopping for past 3 months would not exceed 3000 USD most of which is due to my discovery of SF and realization that all of my clothes are crappy. [​IMG]

Regarding the charity thing my father did some work 20 years and from that disputes rose. Finally the High Court has ruled in our favour some 7 years after my father passed away. So I am thinking of donating the 110 K I expect to be paid for some charitable thing in my fathers memory.

3. lee_44106

lee_44106 Distinguished Member

Saw both the LP and the Cucinelli versions of this suede blouson yesterday at Bergdorf.

About $3.5K for the Cucinelli and $4K for the LP. [​IMG]

Really nice though.

4. Riley Dee

Riley Dee Senior Member

Maomao that jacket is flat out fantastic.

Also, wanted to keep this thread alive as I am very interested in finding an italian version of the A-1 leather jacket as well. There are some great suggestions here for the SF big timers (I am not one of them unfortunately), but no real suggestions for the small timers.

Does a manufacturer exist that produces this type of jacket at a lower price point?

5. aj_del

Even I am back in the market after buying a Cucinelli suede jacket and finding the measurements all wrong for me.

Are these the A-1 jacket ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. aj_del

I have corresponded with TOJ and they are willing to make the above jacket for a very reasonable price. Anyone here have any experience with TOJ and if so how did you find their quality. The SWD crowd is ga-ga over TOJ but I am looking for experiences of MC members. The TOJ is going to cost me 550 USD, this one for sale in the B& S will cost be around 900 and ehaberdasher has one for 1200 USD. So which one to get ? Your thoughts would be appreciated

7. forex

forex Distinguished Member

You should have a dress me thread and create a poll. Seriosly.

8. TRINI

TRINI Distinguished Member

Who/what is TOJ?

9. aj_del

Temple of Jawnz - MTM leather jackets - Details here

10. lee_44106

lee_44106 Distinguished Member

Good luck with TOJ

Often it's best to save up and get exactly what you want than to settle for cheaper versions

11. TRINI

TRINI Distinguished Member

Even I am back in the market after buying a Cucinelli suede jacket and finding the measurements all wrong for me.

Can't you just resize on the Cuci?

12. aj_del

Good luck with TOJ

Often it's best to save up and get exactly what you want than to settle for cheaper versions

Could you be clearer as to what you are saying. Are you being sarcastic in your first sentence and advocating against buying a TOJ jacket.

Can't you just resize on the Cuci?

I bought the BC on the B & S and have sold it on.

The BC option now is the one from ehaberdasher for 1200 as the one on sale on B & S is also too big. The seller has just posted measurements and they don't work for me.

13. aj_del

UPDATE 3/31 Final question, I promise I just placed an order with TOJ to make a suede bomber like the first pic in the same color. Now I a having second thoughts whether this color suede will work with raw jeans and charcoal trousers. The trousers are fitted by MC standards. In case you think that this will not work, which of the 3 colors whose pics are given would you recommend. The one that I have specified. [​IMG] Option 1 [​IMG] Option 2 (in suede) [​IMG] Option 3 (the light colored one in front) [​IMG]

14. I. Gentantithesis

I. Gentantithesis Senior Member

ethernet thingy whatzit, Colney Hatch Spa
    A note about light hued suede. I've these things (A-1 type) in chamois, tabac and black goat suede as well as checks in Harris, Shetland, silk/wool and tan flax + a sage-khaki sandwiched cotton one from Scotland's Mackintosh for PRL.

Unless you're dainty or fortunate the suede is going to get marked, scratched and eventually patinated. The lighter shade the suede the more evident these abrasions and discolourations.

Just my preference, but a darker, sage tinted tabac is probably more practical as well as less common than chamois or the dude who's future so bright he's gotta wear shades in rusty "Suede Blouson". That's not particularly a criticism of the aforementioned.

Apparently these are something of a momentary fad amongst the fashionistos? Last year M-65, this year A-1, next year G-9, then James Dean

15. Doctor

Doctor Senior Member

I reckon go with the first one (the original) in terms of colour.