• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suede jacket fit and potential tailoring

IUWINS98

Reaction score
Hi,

So I recently picked up the jacket 2nd hand and It's about the only suede jacket I've found that fits well around the chest, shoulders and arms. However I get that feeling it's too big around the waist, as most of the rack items are that fit well around my chest/shoulders, and there is also a decent amount of excess suede at the back.

Would it be feasible to have it brought in at the waist, or should I just return it and continue the search for a suede jacket?

Attachments

Anachronist

Reaction score
Hi,

that’s not uncommon in suede jackets. They usually are made in a blouson cut, which - as the name indicates - is a bit blousy with excess fabric. The soft suede also gives with time and adds to this effect. I wouldn’t take it in too much as suede is thin and will tear easily if overstretched. It fits well at least across the chest.

Anachronist

Reaction score
You're welcome! That's a nice jacket you've picked up BTW. With the more difficult to make Raglan sleeves I'm sure it wasn't the cheapest jacket at the time. I would seek out a tailor that does leather garments as well and check the options on how to trim it down in the waist a bit. Otherwise, IMO it looks good as it is and will leave some room to wear a sweater beneath on colder days.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.