• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suede chukkas

Jelly Beans

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm new to this forum but have referred to it often for advice. Thank you.
I have a question for forum members and hoping for responses. I am planning to buy a pair of suede chukkas that can be worn year round with a variety of outfits, weekends and casual Fridays. In other words one that is very versatile. Searching the Internet many say the color snuff goes with many colors and style of clothes. I'm not really sure how one describes the color snuff, never having snuffed before :). I don't want a crepe sole (too casual and slippery in the wet). The Loake with a Dainite sole looks like a nice shoe but I'm not sure if the color is right for my needs. I think the Alden suede chukka might be too casual and it is definitely too expensive. The AE suede looks too dark in photos, same with Church Ryder and Loake Plimpton.
What do members think about the Kempton in general and specifically about the color? Is it a versatile color to fit my needs? Any other recommendations?
Thank you for your thoughts. JB

Badandy

Reaction score
Very versatile. Do a search for a thread I started on this topic that has lots of pics in it.

tim_horton

Reaction score
Suede chukkas are my favorite type of casual shoe. If I only had 2 shoe styles available to me, it would be a black captoe oxford for suits, and a brown suede chukka for everything else.

I like mine unlined - they feel great and somehow add to the casual look/feel.

I have the Crockett & Jones unlined chukkas in snuff and dark brown. If I had to choose between them I would pick the dark brown. They go with everything.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 57 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 109 33.6%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%