• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suede Chelsea?

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a pair of RM Williams Craftsman in Chestnut for several years. Recently, I've found myself wearing them more often and really digging the look and the comfort. I'm considering ordering a pair of Comfort Craftsman in brown suede. Any thoughts/comments on suede chelsea boots?

williamson

Reaction score
A pleasant, good-looking and practical style, I think.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two boots I wear most often are RMW suede craftsman and BB suede chukkas.

May order a pair in this colour next:

lefty

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two boots I wear most often are RMW suede craftsman and BB suede chukkas.

May order a pair in this colour next:

lefty

Wow, the sole/heel combo really stands out on this boot. I haven't seen that before on RMW. Is that a special order?

Karen Hume

Reaction score
I just came across this post and thought I would respond - the Suede Comfort Craftsman comes in brown only at the moment as regular stock but we can have the boot made up in any suede colour you wish using RM Williams made to order boot service so just email us if you are interested in ordering a a pair in dusty brown or indeed, any other colour and we can organise this for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dark brown suede chelsea is my most worn footwear.

Not only +1 as before, but I'm thinking about getting a similar pair. Perhaps more of a medium coffee brown. We shall see.

Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about calfksin vs suede for a Chelsea as well. Does anyone find that a calfskin chelsea would look too formal when worn with jeans? I havn't tried this combination myself, but I feel that that may be the case.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been thinking about calfksin vs suede for a Chelsea as well. Does anyone find that a calfskin chelsea would look too formal when worn with jeans? I havn't tried this combination myself, but I feel that that may be the case.

I have both, but prefer suede both for look and comfort.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite fall shoes my EG on the 888 last in mink suede:

DSC02273.jpg

Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bringing this post back as I really want a 2nd pair of suede chelsea boots. I currently have the C&J Chelsea 8 on the 341 last and they're my go-to shoe with jeans. I would like to get a 2nd pair of suede boots but would rather not get the exact same color/style. Anyone have any recommendations? Open to other manufacturers as well.

Currently, I'm thinking of the C&J Cranford on the 360 last:

http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Cranford-3-Charcoal-Wine#.UksHvT90mPM

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads