• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

suede brushing

bigia

Reaction score
I have this pair of suede loafers by Fratelli Borgioli. These are very elegant and comfortable. Unfortunately suede shoes are so difficoult to be preserved from dirty. In fact some days ago I went to a restaurant and a waitress poured some beer to the floor, and a few fall directly to the shoe-toe, as you can see in the pics. I tried to brush off the dirty with the proper suede brush, but I didn't obtain any result...
How can I do? Is there any product that could help me?
Thank you all

Patrician

Reaction score
Advanced video for sure.

bigia, follow these steps:
  1. Brush wih suede brush
  2. Boil some water in a saucepan and then hold the suede shoes over the pan. The steam will make the fabric losen up and dirt will be removed a lot easier. This also brings back the darker original color of the suede.
  3. use suede spray to keep them from deing dirty again
If this does not help, wash the entire shoe and let it dry. Then do the 3 steps again.

bigia

Reaction score
Thank you all!!
I tried with the steam and the result was great, next move is buying a suede-spray...

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 63 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 121 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 64 17.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 26 7.1%