1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suede Belts Part Deux

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roger, May 29, 2006.

1. Roger

Roger Distinguished Member

I seem to recall this topic being covered--hence the title--but can't recover the content from my cortex. I need to match (not exactly, of course) two pairs of suede shoes with suede belts. One pair of shoes is a light-beige (almost, but not quite, stone); the other is a richer reddish-tan, still fairly light, however. I'm not having any luck on eBay. Does anyone know some good sources for suede belts?

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Johnston Murphy has nubuck belts which might work, tho it's not suede Johnston Murphy

3. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Distinguished Member

I've had luck finding suede belts on STP.

4. coatandthai

coatandthai Senior Member

5. Roger

Roger Distinguished Member

Thanks, guys...so far. The J&M one looks OK, but the STP and A-E ones are the wrong colors. I need a really light-colored one, which the J&M one might cover, but the snuff-cashmere suede color won't work. I think it's going to be hard to find the light honey-rust colored one. But please keep the suggestions coming! [​IMG]

6. Fabro

Fabro Senior Member

Make sure you are searching on eBay for you size and up. You can always have the belt made shorter. That belt maker down on Granville Island did a fantastic job on a couple of very good suede belts I picked up on eBay that were about 10 inches too big for me that nobody else bid on.

7. philosophe

philosophe Distinguished Member

Make sure you are searching on eBay for you size and up. You can always have the belt made shorter. That belt maker down on Granville Island did a fantastic job on a couple of very good suede belts I picked up on eBay that were about 10 inches too big for me that nobody else bid on.

This is an excellent strategy. Your shoe repair shop can shorten a belt for $10 or so.

8. whnay.

whnay. Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I have an hermes belt that is reversible light brown suede on one side and dark brown leather on the other....kind of expensive though...thank God it was a gift.

9. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I've seen nice ones at Brooks Brothers at a fair price - and they're having a sale soon. Not sure if they have the shades you need.

10. tattersall

tattersall Distinguished Member

Edward Green makes great belts - I have two (dark oak and edwardian). If you email them I'm sure they can tell you which shades of suede they can make up for you. You can also specify the width (two choices) and metal tone of the buckle (brass or nickel).

11. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior Member

Lance at www.virtualclotheshorse.com often has really interesting belts in suede (though at the moment doesn't seem to have just the shades you're after). A good site to monitor on a regular basis, though.