1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by patrickBOOTH, Nov 18, 2011.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is that a normal kind of situation?

2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't know how normal it is, but it was annoying as all get out. He was so loud that my friend and I could barely hear each other.

3. patrickBOOTH

There is this guy I have been seeing. He looks like a really tall hippy and he always has this yellow highlighter in his hand and waves it around in front of his face in like a crazy trance. I have seen him doing this many times. He must have some sort of problem. Or, well, he definitely does.

4. TeamCoCo

TeamCoCo Member

As a person who rides the nyc subway almost everyday I don't have a problem with most of these people; most of this stuff isn't a big deal.

The In Before Outers - I don't get these people, I really don't.

The Escalator Blockers - This can be seen quite often on Lexington Avenue, 59th street station for the N,Q, and R line. I believe most of these people are tourist or just aren't use to being in a train station with escalators.

The Fish Eaters - NewYorkRanger, you can't complain about this one, and that label given to them sounds racist a.f. Be The Walker if it bothers you so much, atleast these aren't muggers or a homeless person that could rub their filth on you. It's what they eat, and the trains are their only form of transportation that wont take a year to get back home. Also, if it's fish, chances are it's tied in a plastic bag so you won't smell it, and it's garnished with ginger, and scallions, at least from what I've seen.

May I add The Performer: Performing for money, one train stop at a time.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Giants

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Some fuck just sneezed on the back of my neck. He didn't say anything, just looked at me, so I called him a son of a bitch in Korean and stared at him for the next two minutes. He got off at the next stop, so I got off and very overtly followed him to the station exit. I waited at the foot of the stairs and he reappeared about minute later, started descending, saw me, and hastily turned around.

Now I'm going home to drink a beer in the shower.

1 person likes this.
  7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Like a fucking boss.

1 person likes this.
  8. patrickBOOTH

This one dude yesterday, emo goth kid, about 19 I would say, overweight with a white rat on his shoulder and a shit eating grin on this face. I didn't even want to give him the satisfaction.

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

10. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

You should have killed the rat while muttering about how MTA budget cuts mean they can't even afford decent exterminators anymore...

11. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

you insensitve prick... yesterday was world goth day

13. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can think of few things more unfortunate than to have an insensitive prick.

14. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

15. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

I've not seen an escalator that tall in NY. London?

16. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

The Lexington Ave/53rd St escalators are pretty damn tall

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  17. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Several years ago I was on the crowded train home and just one too many times I saw some goof eating his dinner in front of everyone. At that time I had a crew cut and looked pretty mean. I was also dead tired after a long day. I decided to get off at the next stop (long before my own stop) and took the gum out of my mouth. I tossed it into his dinner.
    Then I said, 'See dummy, if you can use the train as your dining room, I can use your dinner tray as my trash can. You want anarchy? Follow me off the train and I'll give you some.' He just sat there. I don't think his brain had fully registered what I just did or said. I quickly scanned the other people around him. Smiles all around. He never got off the train to challenge me. Woe to the moron who behaves badly around me in public for I will deal with him or her and they are not going to like it.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
    2 people like this.
  18. patrickBOOTH

And you wonder why you don't have a lot of facebook friends...

This is awesome, by the way.

2 people like this.
  19. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Thanks. . It's true I don't 'have' many Facebook 'friends' but that was by my own choosing. The problem was that too many people wanted my time and I just don't have it to spare. I have a very small circle of real life friends that I can see or talk with on the phone or on Facebook or Skype video chat if we can't be in the same room together. I wish I had more time for everyone.
    About that incident on the train...I felt bad about my resolve that day, but I saw no other way to deal with that person. Today, I am re-training myself to lower my expectations of people.

20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

They made great companions if you have no human friends.