• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's called countercyclical spending. A downturn is the best time for capital improvements because labor and materials are less expensive.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's called countercyclical spending. A downturn is the best time for capital improvements because labor and materials are less expensive.

I understand that part, but they don't have any money, and are in debt up to their eyeballs. They should use this time for capital replacement and maintenance, not expansion. Plus, it depends on the materials, during a recession commodities and certain metals skyrocket.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
It's easier to get funds for capital improvements than for general operating budgets, unfortunately.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
ugh. Just past 7 AM, I'm heading to a big meeting, and then somebody has a "seizure" on the train I'm on (though not my individual car). After 5 minutes, it's clear we are not moving, so I get out and walk the 20 remaining blocks to the building I have to go to, and arrive barely on time.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's another thing that pisses me off. If somebody gets sick on the train they act as if the whole world ******* stops. Throw them out on the platform and keep the train ******* moving! :fu:

Most of the times I have actually been in a car when somebody does get sick and cause a stir and such, they look just ******* overdramatic to me. If you're feeling ill get off the ******* train don't alarm the world. Once I was on a train and this woman's water broke and she started to go into labor. She was screaming. I was trying so hard not to laugh, it was like something from a movie. Even that woman got off the train and said she was calling her husband. She's a trooper, we need more people like her.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
this one time, maybe 3 years ago, it was another one of those mornings where everything is backed up and everybody hates life. Some woman passed out not too far from me, and of course some other middle aged woman (who looked like a yoga lover, i'm sure we all know the type) pushes all of the emergency brakes and alarm buttons that she can see, and the conductor basically got on the emergency intercom and says "don't do that, we need to move. Slide whoever fainted off the train so we can GTFO." The fainter came to, got off, and went over to a bunch to recollect, or whatever. I appreciated that conductor.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
justice. it is served.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

(yes, pB you are required to watch this)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You tube is blocked at work. It will have to wait. (no, I am certainly not using my phone to watch it, atm.)

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dear Black People,

Stop making videos with your camera held vertical. It's ******* annoying.

Sincerely,

Harvey

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, Harvey, you scamp.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I have always maintained that NYC vandalism is really superb. This afternoon, while traveling with some colleagues to the WFC for a meeting, there were ads for this book on the train. The poster was the same as the book cover, only some vandal used a marker to black out the J in the title. It took everything in my body to not point and laugh in front of the whole train. Everything.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have always maintained that NYC vandalism is really superb. This afternoon, while traveling with some colleagues to the WFC for a meeting, there were ads for this book on the train. The poster was the same as the book cover, only some vandal used a marker to black out the J in the title. It took everything in my body to not point and laugh in front of the whole train. Everything.

There are some great vandals out there. I love most of them, because they usually only do things to advertisements and they are usually really funny. On the third ave L train plaform there is this guy who turns virtually everything into a dick. It is hilarious, but I never want to be seen being the one taking a picture... :embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads