Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by patrickBOOTH, Nov 18, 2011.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'll have to do it when I am at home because all videos are blocked from my work computer. I mean I can bring it up on my phone, but that is annoying.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

2. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Or the rest of you assholes could get out and walk.

3. patrickBOOTH

No, the train is our method of transport. You don't bring a means of transportation onto trainsit where it irritates other people. It's just bad, man.

4. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

and if you have to bring a bike and can't use it for whatever reason (it's pouring rain out and you neglected to check if it was going to rain today, or somebody blew up the Brooklyn bridge so you can't use it, or you popped a tire from trying to hop sidewalk curbs all afternoon), then get on at the last car of the train which is usually the least populated. Common sense.

5. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

pBooth, I saw a guy on the subway here in Chicago yesterday who was wearing the boots of the una-pooper from the bathroom thread, and said guy was both a "Sneaker" and subsequently an "Incher Upper." It was a very meta experience and I am surprised the world did not collapse on itself.

6. patrickBOOTH

It would not surprise me if this guy was a horrible transit offender as well. If the world imploded I would understand.

7. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

here's something that I don't understand

Somebody is sitting on the wooden benches and a train arrives. It's not crowded or anything, and it's the only train that will arrive at the station (it's not like a 5 arrived but you need a 4), but they stay put on the bench. What are you waiting for??? And why are you waiting there where it probably smells and is loud? It's possible that they're waiting for somebody to come off a train and meet up with them, but this happens WAY more than the "waiting for a friend" theory is plausible.

8. patrickBOOTH

I don't understand that either. I have thought about these people as well. I don't understand it, therefore they must be assholes.

9. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Tired homeless person?

10. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

no, this I'm fine with. You don't have a home, so for the time being this is your home. I get it.

It's usuallys somebody who is just an asshole. And more often than not it's one of those assholes who likes to carry around shopping bags from places like Gucci and Prada, and even though the condidion of the bag indicates that they sure as hell didn't go shopping there today (or that month), they still like to carry them around to thinking they look cool. Assholes.

11. patrickBOOTH

I agree 100%

These bros were on the train one night and the one said to me, hey bro you look mad rich. I just said, if I was mad rich I wouldn't be on the subway. 99% right here.

12. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

unless you're like Manton - no busses and no taxis. Christ, we're late to a dinner where we are meeting others, the trains are a shit show thanks to a "police investigation" (ie, somebody was blasted by a train), it's hot and crammed and everybody is pissed off, and he's all "nah, lets just stay here, we're good" :plain:

13. patrickBOOTH

Oh, I refuse to take a bus and I rarely take cars. Must be why the only time I ever saw the guy was waiting for the 6 train.

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Hang on, you bring your feet on the train don't you? I bet your feet would irritate other people so get off the train and walk.

15. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I will take a crosstown bus if I'm above 60th. Other than that, no busses. And I'll do a cab if I'm drunk, carrying something really heavy, or the rare occasion where the the trains are down (which is NOT rare at all) and I have an appontment or a reservation to be at some place at a given time and that time is very soon (very rare). Even when I'm at work late and a free ride is on the company, I'll still take the train.

You saw Manton on a platform of the 6? Were you the guy that mentioned his book to him?