• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
people who need their umbrella to walk down the stairs to a train are all stupid. I inevitably get stabbed in the eye by some slut in front of me, and then dumped on by some swine behind me as they close their umbrella.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Game theory

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

people who need their umbrella to walk down the stairs to a train are all stupid. I inevitably get stabbed in the eye by some slut in front of me, and then dumped on by some swine behind me as they close their umbrella.

Yep, that's me.

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
When someone who is a bit, let's say, "wide" (not overly so, just like a bit hippy or something) is sitting in a seat on the bus or metro.... And when you sit in the empty seat next to them, and your leg or hip is touching theirs because of the fact that their "person" is passing their alloted personal space area...and then THEY look at YOU like YOUR the one who is taking up more than your alloted space! This happened to me yesterday. The chick kind of gave that annoyed sigh and shifted herself and her bag so that we weren't touching.

Yeah, lady, get a car if its an issue.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I refuse to sit next to fatties. I'd rather stand.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The old woman who sat next to me on the train this morning took her shoes off and was massaging her feet.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I don't really understand foot massages. My feet are incredibly ticklish and I don't like them to be touched.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should have asked her to massage your feet too, while she was down there.

It wasn't a down there. She had her ankle up on her knee. I wouldn't have minded if her foot wasn't right next to me.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of which, I don't really understand foot massages. My feet are incredibly ticklish and I don't like them to be touched.

See mine aren't ticklish at all. In fact no where on my body is ticklish

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's like my girlfriend. She's like a marsupial that doesn't know enough that things should be uncomfortable. She's not ticklish, and oddly she can touch her own eyeballs like its nothing. Just get her finger on them like you would touch any other part of your body. It's so bizarre.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Perhaps normal is somewhere between your two extremes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads