• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subtle Universal Classy Style Cufflinks

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our custom dress shirt company wants to start offering a complimentary set of cufflinks with each order and we're not sure what style will be most appropriate. We're hoping for a relatively simple style that we can find in wholesale quantities.

Silk knots were the first thing we considered, but I feel like matching the color to the shirt will be difficult.

I'm thinking of trying to get some nice silver or stainless ones. Ignoring the sourcing challenges, what style cuff link would be most universally appreciated? Any examples you can point out that would easily complement any french cuff?

cuffthis

Reaction score
I'm not qualified to answer this.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, cuff links of men in tights are not for everyone.
wink.gif

Doc4

Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade, but ...

I'm thinking that including a set of cufflinks would not be a big selling point. If it were me, I'd be thinking ... "I'm paying for those cufflinks, and I don't really need them since I already have a bunch that I actually like, and these ones are either cheap and therefore not worth having, or they are so expensive that the price of the shirt itself has been increased to cover the cost of this so-called freebie."

That's what I'd be thinking, party-pooper that I am.

Besides, what if I order another shirt later ... do I get another identical set of cufflinks? Talk about superfluous.

If you are set on this, I'd go with the silk knots. You can get them in a total rainbow of colours, and multi-colours, and what-not, and they are inexpensive so your customers know they are getting a quality item without too much shirt-price-inflation. And if you offer your customers their choice of knot colours, even better.

(But try this ... two boxes on the order form: check "A" if you want a free pair of silk knots of the colour of your choice per shirt, or check "B" if you'd like $5 off per shirt. Methinks you'll see a lot of "B"s. )

bleepo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4

Besides, what if I order another shirt later ... do I get another identical set of cufflinks? Talk about superfluous.

I used to buy from a store that included a plain enamel link with each shirt, it came in a few colours...

I now have 3 in white, 1 burgandy, and 2 lilac. They don't get worn. Then again, this was at the beginning of my collection. I did wear them with the respective shirts until I started to aquire nicer pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics